Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Is the Dongle compatible with Billion 7402 gxl Router

ivorgerber
Not applicable
Is the occassional use dongle compatable with the Billion 7402gxl router? The set up keeps asking for the pin of the dongle. Is there such a thing. How can I connect?
2 REPLIES 2

jarviser
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

Is the occassional use dongle compatable with the Billion 7402gxl router? The set up keeps asking for the pin of the dongle. Is there such a thing. How can I connect?

You need to check the model of the dongle (on the back) against the list of supported dongles on the Billion website. If it gets as far as asking for a PIN then it has probably recognised the Dongle.

Unless you set a PIN in the dongle using the normal VMC dashboard it should not need one. Connect using the normal VMC software and make sure the PIN is disabled in the SIM, and if the Billion still asks for one, leave blank.

What you usually only need is the APN for the dongle (Which is probably PP.INTERNET but check in the VMC settings) and in the router setup there's probably a drop-down that asks for your ISP. Do NOT put Vodafone, but put "I don't know" or "Cant find it" or whatever the router software allows you. Then simply type in the correct APN for the VF service you have.

See similar process here

Retired-Trev
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi ivor gerber and welcome to the eForum. :)

Our dongles were designed to work using the VMC software, and this is the format in which we support the device. That's not to say it won't work directly with your router, it's just not a service we support or could give direct advice for.

I suggest you take a look at jarviser's suggestion, or maybe one of our other members has successfully set one up and can advise you further.

Regards

Trev
eForum Team