Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LG G4 6.0 Marshmallow update

BitBearKam
2: Seeker

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum but maybe someone can help?

I've just bought a G4 on PAYG, what an amazing phone! I've been reading everywhere that Voda have released a Marshmallow update with some members on these forums posting they received it well before Xmas. Hurriedly I unpacked the phone, connected to my wifi and lo and behold, two updates one after the other, but neither were to 6.0. The phone stays on 5.1 lollipop :smileysad:

OK, so I read more forums and then tried the update through LG Bridge that then tells me also that my phone is up to date? I'm confused!! One reason why I got the phone was the update to 6.0 along with the amazing camera.

Does anyone else know how to trigger the update, when I might get it or how I update it officially myself? Or was it withdrawn due to the boot loop issues reported?

Thanks all in anticipation

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

A fantastic choice of phone. 👍🏻

Vodafone will not discuss firmware updates / releases as per their firmware statement. 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly-products-services/Firmware/m-p/2421980#M4420

Firmwares are typically released in phases / stages. 

Checking the software update section of your phone imo is the best way. 

Have you looked into what the New Firmware update introduces ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

ihughes

My phaone received the upgrade yesterday, try manually searching for it now, it might work ?

some country get it early some get it late.

different country have different dates when the update going to be release