Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Broadband - Connection error on Snow Leopard

knutsfordtimes
Not applicable
Hi there, i have looked at the forums, read countless entries and re-installed, deleted and rebooted 8 times and its still failing to connect to the service.

My Vodafone Mobile Connect K3565 ( HUAWEI ) the latest VMC, I am using snow leopard, it worked before and has just stopped working.

this is the error message i see:

"Could not open network connection.

Check that the APN, user name and password in the current connection settings are correct. If the problem persists, please try deleting the current connection settings, and re-starting the application."

any thoughs

Knutsfordtimes.com | local news with community support! and now on the fly thanks for Vodafone Mobile Connect!!!!
4 REPLIES 4

DPH
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member
Hi Knutsfordtimes.com

Welcome to the eForum.

When you say it worked before are you referring to it worked before you updated to Snow Leopard?

Retired-Holly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Knutsfordtimes.com,

A warm welcome to the eForum! Of course we'll help you with this. :rolleyes:

When you say it worked before are you referring to it worked before you updated to Snow Leopard?

This is a very good question from DPH, do you mean the broadband in general was working or have you had Snow Leopard working with your dongle previously?

Please let me know so that I can investigate this further. If you have any other queries then let me know. :)

Thanks

Holly
eForum Team

knutsfordtimes
Not applicable
Well i migrated from leopard to snow leopard and the VMC said that it needed upgrading so i did. it worked for a while then just stopped and looks as if all the settings for the modem have been zapped.

I can run the installer again but wouild prefer to nuke all the plist files and anything that sticks behind after the VMC installer has gone.

does this help?
Knutsfordtimes.com | local news with community support! and now on the fly thanks for Vodafone Mobile Connect!!!!

Retired-Jon_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Well i migrated from leopard to snow leopard and the VMC said that it needed upgrading so i did. it worked for a while then just stopped and looks as if all the settings for the modem have been zapped.

I can run the installer again but wouild prefer to nuke all the plist files and anything that sticks behind after the VMC installer has gone.

does this help?

Hi Knutsfordtimes,

If you run the Installer, there is a drop-down menu at the top. Pick "Uninstall" from this menu, and complete the wizard - this will remove everything for you, and you can then perform a clean re-install from there.

Let us know if this resolves the issue :)

Jon

eForum Team