Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Data - upgraded 26/12 - cannot connect to Internet

martin086
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi folks,

I've read a few posts (some very lengthy) on this and wondering if anyone has had any recent success in getting mobile data to work, when they've had their account upgraded to have mobile data (from 250Mb to 5Gb)

Vodafone - for your info - this is now Day 7 of trying to get this working.

So far I've reset Network settings multiple times, deleted old data from Safari use via various settings, restarted the phone multiple times, been o nthe phone to Vodafone for 40-60 minutes to try and resolve (and person was trying their best it felt like) 

So far Vodafone have tried re-upgrading the account, changing a variety of settings (I know not what) at their end, and at the last attempt said they didn't know what the problem was but they'd log a 'case' and get back to me.

I've heard nothing since.

So

- what have others done to successfully get this working - is it Vodafone settings?

- Vodafone - do you read these forums.  
It's Day 7, and so far the person on 191, or on Live Chat has been unable to help and this is taking up time every single day.

14 REPLIES 14

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @martin086

Your right there has been similar posts. 

Yes Vodafone Tech Team members read all posts here. If they can help a person they'll engage here and Private Message you as they'll need to take you through Account Security Protocols. 

May I suggest >

I assume Mobile Data is On in the phones settings. 

Do you see any Data Icon in the phones status bar ie 3G etc.

Can you try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that may be at fault.

Try another Sim in your phone.

If necessary any Vodafone Shop can replace the Sim Card via a Sim Swap. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi - yes mobile data is On, roaming on, set to 3G. Have reset network settings again this morning (full reset so the phone switched off and on aswell).

Network data status shows at top (3G when 3G available, GPRS at the moment).  And that's always been there to be fair, as mobile data was in theory always usable, just limited to 250Mb, so switched off on the phone and hadn't been used.

Re downloaded the wap settings (before switching off and on) again this morning too.

SIM swap more complicated so not done that (wary of implications of swapping SIM's around and impact on other accounts)

No Vodafone shop for 40 miles so that's not an option sadly, but may well be in a few weeks.

Thanks for that reply - appreciated

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. :Smiling:

Couple more questions. Sorry. 

In your online myvodafone check their is no bar toggled on in regards to Data. 

Have you tried your SIM card in another phone yet ?

Checked another SIM card in your phone to see if data works. 

if your SIM card doesn't work in another phone ie displays the same symptoms then that to me points towards your account. 

As you've been in touch with Customer services I assume they are escalating this to a higher up team. I've read that them removing the data part of the tariff and re adding can help. 

Account resets can help too. 

Current Phone  >

jeffkinn

Have you installed the Vodafone profile on your iPhone?

If not text the word web to 40127 and then follow the instructions. I'd re-install if you already have it.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

@jeffkinn - Yes sir - 40127 texted and profile set as a double check following a manual line by line check of settings, just in case 🙂
Thanks

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@martin086 As we'd need to access the account to take a further look into this, I've sent a private message to you with details on how to get in touch. Please follow the instructions provided.

As @BandOfBrothershas suggested, trying your SIM in another phone will help to determine what may be causing the issue. 

@Natasha Thanks - will look out for a PM.

PS. How do these name tags work ... an @ symbol doesn't seem to be enough ?

BandOfBrothers

Hi @martin086

The mention feature of @ works currently for Vodafone Tech Staff and CC's (Community Champions)

Current Phone  >

Hi - no need for a PM anymore - sorted - see below 🙂