cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Must " Search for iPhone" be disabled in order to remove the Netlock ?

FadingGlow
2: Seeker

Hi Everyone, my uncle from the UK is currently staying over with us in Germany and he's letting me use his iPhone 6 Plus because my smartphone is currently broken.

He already requested to unlock the iPhone from the Netlock and it is currently in process of doing so. The problem is that he unfortunately forgot his iCloud password and everytime I try to enter a local SIM card, the device always asks for the iCloud password. We're not sure, if the iPhone is already unlocked and I would like to ask, if it's necessary to turn "Search for iPhone" off in order to unlock it via iTunes.

Every kind of help is appreciated and thank you in  advance.

P.S. Please forgive me, if my English is bad.

18 REPLIES 18

Theakstone
12: Established
12: Established
You cannot turn "find my iphone " off with out his iCloud password.

Just to add, without the iCloud password there is very little that you can do with this phone.

Yes, I know. But is it necessary to turn it off in order to activate the iPhone ?

Interesting enough, my uncle just told me that Vodafone did not book the money from his bank account for the whole process. Will the money be taken after the a sucessful unlock ?

Hi @FadingGlow 

The cost of the unlock code will go onto your Uncle's next bill.

Once the unlock code is available, he'll be notified, usually by email.

Thanks,

Ian

FadingGlow
Soooo, it is rather unlikely that it might be unlocked without being noticed , correct? Bay the way, thank you everyone for your replies.

Hi @FadingGlow 

You should be notified of when this’s completed, in the case this has not, you can sync the phone up to iTunes with a non-Vodafone SIM in.

There’s also further information available here.

Thanks,

Sarah

But from the replies, I take it that I won't really know, if its unlocked due to the iCloud problem. When I sync the iPhone with iTunes with a non-Vodafone SIM card, it asks to enter the iCloud passwort after I entered the PIN.

11 (or 13) working days have already past and still, there is no reply E-Mail that the iPhone is unlocked. Slowly my patience is reaching its limits and I would like Vodafone to get done. I know the unlocking is handled by Apple but I'm sure Vodafone is still capable of something.