Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodafone app pin log-in

TheEdge65
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hey guys,

I'm running the final release version of Android 8.0 Oreo on my Google Pixel. I notice that the My Vodafone app has recently added the option of fingerprint log-in to get to more sensetive data of your account. However to set up the fingerprint it requires you to log in and enter your pin. Whenever I go to the PIN entry page the app crashes immediately on entering the 1st number of the PIN. 

I have tried using a different keyboard in case there was some kind of bug with the current keyboard I am using but the same thing occurs. Has anyone else had this issue or know of a fix / workaround?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

My guess would be that the app hasn't been updated for Oreo yet.   This often happens with apps just after a new platform launch.  Because Google themselves go early with it, it takes a few weeks (or even months) for things to catch up.   Once the app has been updated, it should be fine.

Would just like to confirm this is still an issue. Moved from an IOS phone to Andriod and have thr same issue. Trying to manage the 3 other numbers I have attached to my account and can't. Running Oreo also.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@noelsolutions Do you have the latest version of the app on your phone?

Please let us know and we can advise you further.

Hi Natasha. New version installed this morning, tested and crashes at the same spot. So this issue/bug is still unresolved. 

@noelsolutions - So that we can look into this further, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.