Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My software update for my galaxy S7

nav9t8
3: Seeker
Hi there i was wondering if vodafone will be sending out the software update for the S7 cos i have not got it yet it is an unlocked S7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @nav9t8

Are you referring to the new Android 7.0 ~ Nougat update?

I received the Nougat update for my unlocked Samsung Galaxy s7 edge a couple of weeks ago. It's Samsung that send the update out to their phones that are unlocked versions. Unlocked versions are ones bought directly from Vodafone or the likes of Carphone Warehouse. 

It's sent out in batches / waves according to your phones csc code and serial number. 

Vodafone have already signed off Nougat after testing it first  and so Vodafone customers with branded s7 phones have started to get it too. Branded phones are ones supplieddirectly by Vodafone. 

Best practice is to go into the software update section in your phones settings and manually scan to see if an update is ready. If it isn't you'll get the 'Your software is up to date' type message. 

Alternatively you'll get a notification on your phone when it's available. 

Tip > Ensure you have enough internal memory to.complete the update. Close all your apps down to free up resources and do this over WiFi as the Nougat update is pretty large. Make sure your phone is over 50% battery or better still on charge. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers

Hi @nav9t8

Are you referring to the new Android 7.0 ~ Nougat update?

I received the Nougat update for my unlocked Samsung Galaxy s7 edge a couple of weeks ago. It's Samsung that send the update out to their phones that are unlocked versions. Unlocked versions are ones bought directly from Vodafone or the likes of Carphone Warehouse. 

It's sent out in batches / waves according to your phones csc code and serial number. 

Vodafone have already signed off Nougat after testing it first  and so Vodafone customers with branded s7 phones have started to get it too. Branded phones are ones supplieddirectly by Vodafone. 

Best practice is to go into the software update section in your phones settings and manually scan to see if an update is ready. If it isn't you'll get the 'Your software is up to date' type message. 

Alternatively you'll get a notification on your phone when it's available. 

Tip > Ensure you have enough internal memory to.complete the update. Close all your apps down to free up resources and do this over WiFi as the Nougat update is pretty large. Make sure your phone is over 50% battery or better still on charge. 

Current Phone  >

nav9t8
Yes i am talking about the nougat software update

nav9t8
Wat is the csc code i have my imei number

BandOfBrothers

@nav9t8 wrote:
Wat is the csc code i have my imei number

Download the app PhoneInfo from the Playstore. 

This will show lots of info for your phone plus the csc code. 

Current Phone  >

nav9t8
My last security batch update for my s7 was 1 september 2016 samsung a bring out security batch for april 2017

BandOfBrothers

@nav9t8 wrote:
My last security batch update for my s7 was 1 september 2016 samsung a bring out security batch for april 2017

My latest security patch is 1st February 2017. 

Current Phone  >

nav9t8
I got nougot for my s6 edge on march 11 this year

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @nav9t8

You should get a notification on your phone, once the update is available. 

If there's anything else we can help with, please let us know. :Smiling: 

Thanks,