Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network Coverage

vMiikey
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hey Guys

So I just picked up an Upgrade for my Galaxy Ace; the Galaxy S6. I currently spend £21/month for Unlimited Texts, Unlimited Minutes and 2 Months Unlimited Data which then goes to 6GB/month afterwards. 

I mainly pay for this much Data because I was expecting to be using it a lot (Facebook, Snapchat etc) however the two main places I want to use it (School and Work) I do not get any internet connection, occasionally E at best. Even in Bristol City Centre I can only reach G of H (Neither work well at all). I want to cancel my contract and change to Three or EE, as my friends get 4G all around my school with those providers. 

PS; I don't even want/need unlimited texts or calls, as I barely ever use them. I only wanted my contract for 6GB internet. 

I've now had my phone for 2 months, using only 500MB internet each month because either A) I can't get it or B) It doesn't work. I read that I would still probably have to pay moth of my 18 month contract, which makes sense, but considering I'm not even getting what I'm paying for this seems kind of ridiculous. Any ideas regarding the  bad Internet Coverage and/or whether i'll still have to pay my whole contract? I'd even give the phone back but they probably won't want it.

Thanks in Advance :Smiling:

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

A person can cancel their contract or upgrade fee free if within the initial 14 days ie cooling off period. 

After that there will be a termination fee. 

"The Early Termination Fee is the total amount of line rental outstanding for the remainder of the contract, without VAT, and less a 2% rebate.

This figure will be calculated on the price prior to any discounts.

You can confirm the exact figure by calling 191."

The Network covers how service is provided and how it won't be available everywhere as all networks have fringe coverage areas and not spot areas. They cannot control where a person resides, commutes and works. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for reply

"The Network covers how service is provided and how it won't be available everywhere as all networks have fringe coverage areas and not spot areas. They cannot control where a person resides, commutes and works. "

^ I understand this, but however considering the Vodafone store is in Bristol, where I work is in Bristol and where I live is in Bristol, and I still barely ever, ever get 4G, this seems pretty poor. These areas are not even rural and Vodafone claim that the 4G covers these places on their website. This is not the case with me, however. 

BandOfBrothers

Totally appreciate what you are saying and understand the frustration when signal is intermittent etc. 

Vodafone have provided a specific Self Help Thread that holds Initial Checks and a Template that asks certain questions that will Help the Tech Team to ascertain what's possibly going wrong in your area. Please would you re post the template with your answers for this team to help you.

Link : http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network-queries/Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template/td-p/18566...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.