Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No service

Reksy
1: Seeker

My phone has been without a signal since Tuesday and only shows no service... which means I can only use my phone as an iPod. 

I have been into the Apple Store and they have said it's a problem with the phone. I have a 5s. I'm in the LE4 Leicester area. Had anyone else experienced similar issues?

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Reksy

Have Apple clarified what's exactly wrong with your iPhone 5s ?

As a further process of elimination can you please try your Sim Card in another phone and another sim card in your iPhone. 

I'm assuming you get no signal anywhere if Apple are saying it's the iPhone at issue. 

Vodafone recently changed their stance on Manufacturing Warranty on iPhones. They now apply a 2 Year warranty if they originally supplied the iPhone to you. 

Full info in > When-I-buy-a-device-from-Vodafone-how-long-does-the-warranty-last.

Apple apply a 12 Month Manufacturing Warranty. 

If it is indeed the phone at fault and not your Sim Card (Sim Cards can be replaced via a Sim Swap at any Vodafone Highstreet Store), or local masts at issue then your options could be to check any relevant upgrade options or buy a phone from Vodafone on Payg or buy one from places CEX or Apple provide an out of warranty replacement for a cost. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Reksy

This won't be a phone issue. If you look at the coverage checker on the link at the top right and use the zoom out feature, you will notice Vodafone have planned maintenance in the area and you may notice some disruption to services. You should still have full service outside the area where Vodafone have planned maintenance.  

If you follow the self help tips and complete the pro forma on the link below, this will give the Team something to work on but things should be back to normal 7.59 pm 15th October when Vodafone have competed the maintenance.

Network Issues

iPhone 6s plus 18 months old mint, never dropped or  damaged in any way just stopped working. 

No service for over a moth and absolute nightmare.  I can't believe a premium iPhone just stops working.

Gone through all possible fixes as per apple instructions.

Taken to Vodafone store (Fenchurch Street, London) this week and apparently reflashed, told was working when i took it back but low and behold still the same issue.

Apple has no idea what the problem is.

Phone unlocked by Vodafone and no service wth any sim.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@enriqueg1 This does sound like an issue with the device which the manufacturer would need to assist you with. 

Did our store send your device off for repair, or work on it themselves in store?

Hi Alex.

The store looked at the device themselves, tried using another working sim card, and reflasing the iPhone.

Sending off to be assessed / repaired was not mentioned.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@enriqueg1 If they looked at it for you in store and were unable to find an error, they may not have thought it was required to send it off for repair. 

As mentioned in my previous message, this sounds like something the device manufacturer may be able to assist you with further.