Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not Registered on network (S6)

Stephen_1983
2: Seeker

Hi, not sure if this is thg right place but I got my S6 delivered on Friday and it said it wasn't registered on the network so I spoke to live chat who said upto 24 hours, since then I've spoke to someone everyday and they still say 24 hours, or just tell me to wait, but I still can't use the phone as the sim isn't activated. 

What is my next step to getting it sorted before I send the phone back and go to a different network? If I'm paying for a phone I like it to be working!!!

16 REPLIES 16

mrmagooooooo

Im in the same boat. Phone delivered on Friday no service since then. they cant activate the sim as the order has not gone through properly on their systems. Get told 24 hour then 48 hours then a week then 24 hours again.

Please vodafone fix it today or at least tell us how we can cencel this contract!

This happened to me aswell guys so I cancelled my contract today. Just waiting for them to send the returns bag.

jamesbramble
3: Seeker

I'm having this issue too. It's been over 24 hours now.

I've spoke to Vodafone and the guy I spoke too said he has forced the switch to my new nano sim.

He adviced my to remove the battery and Sim from my old phone (S4) and turn my new S6 in a couple of hours and that should do the trick as everything at there end is looking OK.

I wait and see

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Stephen_1983@foxtrotalpha@mrmagooooooo and @jamesbramble

Welcome to the eForum. :Smiling: 

I'm sorry to hear the issues you're all facing with this. 

Please speak to our Live help team, and we can look into your accounts to see what's happening. 

For future reference you can also activate new SIM cards online. 

Thanks, 

Amanda 

I'm having same issue now. It has been 3 days and very disappointing to say the least.

Did any of your sim cards work in the end?

Also, can't activate online because I don't have a phone number to put in the mandatory phone number field. It's a brand new phone/contract/sim that I haven't used before, so I have no idea what the phone number is. Is there somewhere I can check this?

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @b33j4y

Get in touch with our Live help team and they can help get this sorted.

Thanks,

Jenny

I've done that already three days ago and two days before that. Was told it's sorted and it'll start working in 48hrs max because the first person that did it actually did it wrong. It's still not working. I'm guessing the second person also did it wrong?? Truly laughable when one thinks about it.

Needless to say...all I want is for someone to sort it out or truthfully let me know when it will be sorted if it ever will be. Is that too much to ask for? Why am I trying to switch from EE to this is what I'm actually asking myself right now. At the top of the list of things that are really grinding my gears are these...

- The lack of notifications (if there's an issue, at least provide updates to customers)

- The fact that I have to chase up every day to be told same "it'll take up to 48hrs" line that's simply NOT true

- The call centre people that are supposed to help but are completely clueless because they're still on the old system

- The store that refer you to call vodafone (yep, same vodafone still on the old system) because they can't do it in store

- The people that the issue is escalated to that nobody can speak to directly. Even the call centre people have to fill a form and send it to them with the hope that they'll action it within 48hrs (what sort of integration between old and new systems is that?)

- The statement of "Our new system is responsible for the error" (well, who's responsible for your new system? Certainly not me...whoever is responsible owes people a resolution/explanation, apology and compensation for this EPIC FAIL).

It would be good to see how Vodafone will enforce the 14-day cancellation policy if the first 8days have gone by with no service through no fault of my own. If this is how new customers are welcome to the network, it's definitely not encouraging to put it mildly. I'm also a business customer and this is starting to make me question that choice as well. Even if it suddenly started working now (can't say I expect that to happen to be honest), I'd expect some form of compensation for 8 days of no service and then have the number porting process to look forward to (I won't even dare to imagine how long that would take if it ever works).

Extremely Unhappy Customer (To put it mildly)

cfbrodie
U always tell people to go on live chat but nobody Ever gets back to me an keep lying to me when i call up. I just want the phone in paying for as it does NOT work an am a new customer, left with no phone for nearly 3weeks an am sick of it, i thought Talk Talk were a nightmare. So why wont anyone sort this mess. Don't tell me to get on live chat, spent 2hours the other day and promised it was sorted but just more lies, taken 3days off work to wait in an it never did show up, Vodafone are disgraceful

cfbrodie
After putting messages on here saying don't bother sending me a link saying go on live chat that's exactly what happened. Nobody has ever rang me back despite being told a manager will call me back within 24 -48 hours 4 times, I've spent over 3 hours on chat which was frankly a joke with clueless staff who don't know what they are doing. Is it such a difficult thing for a communication giant to replace a phone? It seems so. In this day n age u would think they would fall over themselves to keep brand new customers satisfied. If word of mouth is key to a companies success then i will b bad mouthing them at every opportunity i get. Im now going straight to the top and emailing the CEO and Operations officer with every conversation i have had with them, and yes Vodafone i have the emails of the bosses and contacted Philip Yea who i know personally with every detail. And for anyone on here with issues and access to Apple or Android did you know you can download an app called Resolver, this App is by Money Supermarket i think. You fill out a short for either by app or desktop and they will raise your complaints to the exact Vodafone department and it MUST be responded to within a certain time frame or Revolver esculate it on your behalf. If they don't then Revolver will take it higher and higher for you.