cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official Sony Ericsson Satio Questions Thread

VodafoneUK
Administrator
Administrator
The Sony Ericsson Satio has finally arrived, and we know everyone has a lot of questions about it!

This thread is for any questions that you want to ask about it that we haven't already answered.

:excl: Please read the Official Sony Ericsson Satio FAQ thread first! All we can and can't answer just yet will be posted here! :wacko:

With your help, we'll have all info covered right here on the eForum. We're not necessarily going to answer questions on here, but if you notice your post has vanished - don't worry, check the Official Satio FAQ, as it will have been added there and answered. Think of this thread as a question 'drop box' B-)

Thanks!

Administrator

eForum Team
33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
The Sony Ericsson Satio has finally arrived, and we know everyone has a lot of questions about it!

This thread is for any questions that you want to ask about it that we haven't already answered.

:excl: Please read the Official Sony Ericsson Satio FAQ thread first! All we can and can't answer just yet will be posted here! :wacko:

With your help, we'll have all info covered right here on the eForum. We're not necessarily going to answer questions on here, but if you notice your post has vanished - don't worry, check the Official Satio FAQ, as it will have been added there and answered. Think of this thread as a question 'drop box' B-)

Thanks!

Administrator

eForum Team

Hi - Not sure if this is the right place to post my Q, but hopefully you can help. I've received and charged my Satio, switched it on and it seems to keep "blinking" (for lack of a better word). The home screen keeps resetting itself every 2-3 seconds. I can't get beyond the screensaver into any menus as every 2 seconds it flashes and goes back the main screen. Even if I leave it you can see the menu icons flash and reset. Haven't done anything other than put the battery and sim card in. Is this a simple fix, or have I been sent a faulty phone?

Screamy
4: Newbie
You tried switch the phone off and back on?
Something similar happened when I put a the standby setting on the Finger setting. I stop it by switching the phone on/off. Soon put the phone back to Sony Ericsson settings after that.

gemmagore2008
Something similar happened when I put a the standby setting on the Finger setting. I stop it by switching the phone on/off. Soon put the phone back to Sony Ericsson settings after that.

whats the finger setting?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, tried switching off and on again. I've just spoken to the telephone help and they've had a few calls with similar problems today, so it sounds like there's a batch of phones out there with the same software problem. Should be getting a new handset sent through over the next couple of days. Frustrating!!

screwpuddle
Hi

I got my new Satio yesterday and Im well chuffed with it. Just have a couple of queries that I haven't seen answers to here:

1. I have included the VMI extra into my contract at £5 a month. The assistant in the shops said that I would get virtually limtless internet access with this. However, when I use a feature that reuires a connection I get three options: "Contract WAP", "Contract Internet", and "WIFI". Which should I select (if I am not in wifi area)? - I don't want to be incurring extra billing costs.

2. I can't find the "play-now" application anywhere. The instructions in box say that it is located: "Menu>Play Now". My menu does not have this option. Any pointers please?

3. I have downloaded the BBC News app. I am being thick, or does this simply display headlines - it won't allow me to scroll down to read any further than the headline?

Thanks very much

phonemadmatt
ill try and help you out with your queries...

1) you want to connect to contract internet... i don't know the difference but i checked my bill and it didn't say that i'm outside my contract and it works seamlessly

2) i believe the play-now function has been removed by vodafone although you can still access it through your computer and transfer them to your phone

3) and the satio was released with a faulty app store which means it doesn't work correctly.... they have now released an upgrade to the app store which provides a message saying coming soon or something similar until they can make the app store work correctly

hope this help :D

screwpuddle
ill try and help you out with your queries...

1) you want to connect to contract internet... i don't know the difference but i checked my bill and it didn't say that i'm outside my contract and it works seamlessly

2) i believe the play-now function has been removed by vodafone although you can still access it through your computer and transfer them to your phone

3) and the satio was released with a faulty app store which means it doesn't work correctly.... they have now released an upgrade to the app store which provides a message saying coming soon or something similar until they can make the app store work correctly

hope this help :D

Thanks very much, thats really helpful. Just one thing, do you know if the app store upgrade will automatically install on my phone or will I have to manually do this through my computer? Thanks again

Retired-Nicola_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Good Morning screwpuddle

Thanks to phonemadmatt for the information which he has given, which is spot on :)

There is no difference between the contract wap and contract internet service, both of them will be included in your £5 data bundle.

At the moment we cant confirm how you will need to perform the app store upgrade, but as soon as we know anymore we will let you know.

Cheers

Nicola
eForum Team

h0tspurs
Hi all, I recieved mt satio on release day and have a few questions.

1. I know that PlayNow has been removed but I have a icon on the main menu called "Services". When I select it nothing happens. Has oneone else got this icon and can you open it.
2. Is there anyway you have the Grid Menu view with names on it too?
3. Has anyone found an app that shows the percentage of battery left both when charging and when not. I would like to be able to guess when the battery is likely to die and how long left a charge has left to complete.
4. The PC suite tells me there is an update for my phone software but when I proceed the task fails. Is this because vodafone has a ustom firmware and has blocked sony updates? If so, does anyone know if Vodafone will release firmware updates - this will be essential for such a new device.

Cheers.

Mark