Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pop up blocked

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

I was just browsing a forum page on  this site, and I got the message pop up blocked so I decided to see what it was as I would of thought that is a safe site.

Any way I pressed it and my screen went black with a star/flower shaped sign started rotating in middle off screen and in the top right it said AD THIS this is the second time this has happened by pop up blocked but the first time I have seen it on its own or when pressed 

As any one else seen or know any thing of this or experienced this or do the tech team have an answer 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

I've noticed some duplicate posts that look as though they're coming from the mobile version.   I rarely use the forum on a mobile device (it used to be very difficult to navigate, but is easier now).   My normal route is Firefox on a Windows (7) PC.   It quite often pops up a questionnaire request, which I decline.

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

Nabs

@SKYMAN513 never seen anything like that on my machine. Did you manage to grab a screenshot of it?

SKYMAN513

Screen shot in why more details 

Sorry it's the only way I know how 

hrym

The only things like a pop-up that I've seen is requests to complete a survey.   Some time back, these were sometimes blank as I think the connection wasn't being made.  They've never been blocked by Firefox, though.   What browser are you using?

SKYMAN513

I'm using the Samsung stock browser and it was on this forum it popped up like I said I normally ignore them but because it was on here I thought it was safe 

And as you mentioned survey I did do one yesterday but that was on the my VODA app and they told me about an hour before that pop up they have just added the 250 mb of data for doing so and check the app for confirmation of which I did but I couldn't find it and will have to calculate my data to find out.

I have been having lots of little issues on the forum 

Like messages posting several times and sometimes posting some were else in different threads but there as been quite a few.

I've put them in  other threads

hrym

I've noticed some duplicate posts that look as though they're coming from the mobile version.   I rarely use the forum on a mobile device (it used to be very difficult to navigate, but is easier now).   My normal route is Firefox on a Windows (7) PC.   It quite often pops up a questionnaire request, which I decline.

SKYMAN513

The pop up survey makes sense if it happens again ill make sure I get a screen shot 

Thanks guys.learn something new on here every day

SKYMAN513

I'm worried about these  little issues because my phone froze when installing nougat and had to go to repair so I am worried bout the longevity of my  phone because getting these problems on a brand new device early on can not be a good sign.

Regarding the  nougat update it downloaded fine but on the install crashed on the install  

SKYMAN513

I'm worried about these  little issues because my phone froze when installing nougat and had to go to repair so I am worried bout the longevity of my  phone because getting these problems on a brand new device early on can not be a good sign.

Regarding the  nougat update it downloaded fine but on the install crashed on the install  

hrym

It's always best to maximise resources before doing an update.   Make sure there are no pending app updates that may kick in just as you're starting, clear recent apps, restart the device.  Oh, and plug it in as updating is battery-intensive and there's no way of monitoring the level while it's going on.   Samsung devices used to need a reset afterwards, but I haven't seen so many reports of that lately.