cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Porting failed - it's been almost 2 weeks!

guythompson1
2: Seeker

Hello,

I have just joined Vodafone...biggest mistake ever!

Not only have the billed me incorrectly (a problem that took 5 phone calls to rectify) they have now cut me off during my number port.

It was initiated a week ago on Friday. But failed. Then I phoned to sort it on the Monday, and after 6 more phone calls they agreed to do it today (the following week on Tuesday). However, my SIM has died and it's now past 8pm and no service. So now I am paying for no provision.

I am getting a "SIm not provisioned MM #2" error from my phone.

Anyone know how to solve this before I engage a second complaint letter?

Thanks,

Guy

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @guythompson1

Can't blame you for being frustrated at this !

Two weeks is a long time to have what should be a scheduled seamless process. 

The porting teams should be dealing with this for you through Customer service as they have account access. 

Porting does not occur over Weekends or Bank Holidays so this can delay things. 

I would suggest contacting Customer service via 191 between 9am and 6pm as the departments will be open and fully manned. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

guythompson1
Thanks for the reply!

In fact I've already been talking to the porting team and they are the ones who keep pushing the port date back and back...whilst I have no phone service. Meanwhile my first complaint to Vodafone HQ has been ignored.

I've heard there are a few tech support guys on here who might be able to sort the issue instead of relying on the useless call centre, who seem to think empty promises will make the problem go away!

You're welcome. 

Regarding your complaint letter ~ Was it sent as Recorded Delivery ?

Live Chat or Customer service can check your account notes to see if it's been logged.

Link > Complaints process and Timeframes.

This eforum is owned and monitored by Vodafone U.K. We have members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name. All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi @guythompson1,

I've sent you a private message with details on how our team can get this looked into for you.

Thanks,

Sarah