Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Retention Deal

paulfisher
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Rang today for a retention deal and the offers were garbage, I've been with Vodafone for 15 years and every year I've got a decent deal, this time they just didn't seem bothered.

Off to EE.... 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @paulfisher

Are you close to your early upgrade date or end of contract date ? Being near the latter could give you more negotiating powers. 

To speak with the Retention Department did you choose the 'Thinking of Leaving option' via the IVR system as this does get you through to them but that said they can only do so much with tariffs and handsets they can do deals with. 

Perhaps try Carphone Warehouse if you don't wish to apply for any discount via VEA Employers discount. 

You would just become a customer of Cpw. 

I understand deals from other networks might be enticing but do check signal and data speeds where you live work and commute before signing up as not all networks offer good signal and data speeds in the same places. Don't go by Online Network Checker as they Are a guide only. Use a payg sim card is my advice. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I'm a couple of weeks from my contract end. I made two calls and was given two options on the first one, both worse than my present deal and basically about what a new customer would get, and was told that's the best we can do, the 2nd call was basically oh so you'll want to a pack code then...

I've gone with EE and got a Pixel 2 for £10 an month more than I was quoted for a 12 month sim only deal, yes I'm tied in for 2 years but the Pixel 2 could easily be sold for a good profit, as could my virtually new Xperia XZ I was using my sim only deal in... Oh well what's 10 plus loyal service, I'll just change every couple of years now if this seem the norm... 🙄