Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S6

Dougiemcm
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
My s6 had to be re booted today as it froze completely. Ever since I have done this I can't get any network coverage and my phone is saying no sim? Any ideas.
6 REPLIES 6

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Either try another sim in the S6 or your sim in another phone. That will tell you if it's the sim or the phone.

If another sim in the S6 does the same thing go through a factory reset (make sure you back up any data).

If that doesn't work it's a repair.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers
Hi

When you say Re Booted do you mean a soft reboot where you turned it off and on ?

That shouldn't affect the phone in that way.

Try ejecting the SIM card ,and wipe it with a soft cloth, Re Insert and turn your phone back on. This will help to try and re establish connection between your Sim Card and Network Masts.

You could try manually selecting another network and then re select Vodafone.

Process of elimination: Can U try ure Sim in another phone2 rule out either the Sim or Phone which may be at fault.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

When saying i re booted it I held in the lock button and the volume down" as instructed by the lady on the phone from Vodafone. Not had any network coverage since and it says no sim.

BandOfBrothers
Hi

These are the hard reset and soft reset options for your phone.

1. Turn off the phone completely.
2. Press and hold both Volume UP (and HOME) + power on the phone.
3. When Android Recovery menu screen appears release all keys.
4. Navigate and highlight "wipe data / factory reset" using the Volume down key and press power.
5. Navigate and highlight again to Yes -- delete all data and press power.
6. All data will be lost! Before doing a hard reset backup all important data.
After hard reset is done select Reboot system now. Press power to reboot the phone.

Another way to reset your Galaxy S6 is to enter the reset code on dial screen.

On dial screen enter this Samsung Galaxy S6 reset code: *2767*3855#

All data will be lost!

or

Use Samsung Galaxy Galaxy S6 Backup and reset function
Go to Settings > Backup and reset > Factory data reset: Reset settings to the factory default values and delete all data.
Your device freezes or has fatal errors
If your device freezes or hangs, you may need to close applications or reinsert the battery and
turn on the device to regain functionality. If your device is frozen and unresponsive, press and
hold the Power button for more than 8-10 seconds to reboot.
If this does not solve the problem, perform a factory data reset. On the Applications
screen, tap Settings -> Backup and reset -> Factory data reset -> Reset device -> Erase everything. Before performing the factory data reset, remember to make back-up copies of all important data stored on the device.

Samsung Galaxy S6 soft reset / restart

Press and hold for 8-10 seconds to reset the device if it has fatal errors or hang-ups, or freezes. This will restart your Samsung Galaxy S6 Android phone.

These shouldn't affect the modem in your phone.

Can you try your sim in another phone.

Current Phone  >

Hi

What you describe by the button combo you tried may have put the phone into safe mode although I'm not sure this would have the effect your having.

Look at http://gadgetguideonline.com/galaxys6/samsung-galaxy-s6-guides/how-to-use-samsung-galaxy-s6-safe-mod...

Current Phone  >

As Jeffkinn asked a few posts up, what happens if you try your SIM in another phone and another SIM in your phone?

PWIAC