Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S8 Note

caluk86
4: Newbie

Just watched the Note 8 unpacking. I am blown away

I held the S8 plus the other day for the first time and i was astonished. I was planning on going for the iphone 8 when i can upgrade in September but i am swayed to go for the S8 Note. Samsung are so far ahead of Apple. I was wondering would anyone know when the Note 8 will be able to pre-order on the Vodafone website? Would i be able to pre-order before my upgrade date (11th September) I am taking advantage of the flexi-upgrade for SIMO

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

It's certainly a feature packed slick looking Note 8 edition. :Smiling:

The way two apps can be paired to launch at the same time interests me too. 

I buy my phones from Samsung personally. 

Even tho the £869  price tag is steep it's the dimensions of the phone that will make me pass this one up.

I chose the s8 over the s8+ for the same reason. 

I'm sure Vodafone will have it up soon. 

They've been Tweeting like mad :Winking_smiley:

A person can register their interest via > http://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/coming-soon/index.htm

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It's now on the Vodafone Shop page. 

IMG_1144.PNG

Current Phone  >

Amazing. I had to clear cookies to see this :Laughing_Face:

DRUIDDOODE
13: Advanced Member

Hi I watched the unpacked myself to actually watch one for the first time and although at first I totally got the note series wrong,I thought they were business phones.

As BANDOFBROTHERS mentioned I at first didn't like asthetic but after watching it I now understand why it is a bit squarer looking and I am blown away.

Must say if I had the s8 I would be a bit annoyed at the bragging about bixby because as far as I'm aware the s8 is still without its full features as I've only read posts of disappointment about it,but it will or maybe done so by now.

I have the s7 edge at the moment which is still a great device,I have the coral blue one and every now and again I remove my U.A.G case to hold it.(not like you might think😉) I still find the design of it brilliant.

If I had the dollars loose I would try one,but the s7 edge is still enough for me.

But then again they do come down in price and better deals with the passage of time

Must say I have never desired an I phone as to me the experience on it gets smoother but always seems the same but when my device went from marshmallow to nougat it was like getting a new device.

And then that will lead hopefully to Oreo further down the line.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @DRUIDDOODE

It's just the dimensions that are too big for my sweet spot !

One of the reasons I chose the s8 over the s8+

Bixby is now fully operational since an update on my s8 a couple of days.

It recognises commands very well even tho the language is set to Us English as Uk English is yet to be added.

The option to add 'quick commands' is really useful.

Saying a chosen by me keyword to Bixby can now set off a chain reaction in the phone to complete lots of things.

For example I say "bedtime" and my phones alarm sets, the blue filter applies etc. 

The options are endless. 

Now Oreo Android 8 has been released it's a waiting game to get this on my s8.

My phone is unlocked sim free from Samsung but I'm still expecting to be waiting a number of months to receive it.

I'll certainly have a play with the Note 8 Demo Models in the Network Shop and my local Samsung Experience Store but I'm not yet convinced I'll buy into one due to its size.

I too like many of the UAG Cases :Smiling:

I like my set up to be minimalist so I have a RhinoShield Bumper with a dbrand Black Dragon back skin and Official Samsung Film Screen Protector on my s8.  

Current Phone  >

Nice to hear something good about Bixby and that it works for you.

The simple command feature is good as those little tasks stop becoming a chore.

As good as Google assistant is the latest update for me as removed the option to hold the home button and speak were now I have to do that and then press microphone 

And as a result find myself speaking to a unresponsive phone and can not be bothered re programming myself.

And hardly use st as much so I am envious of Bixby as I think I would use it a lot with the Samsung browser.

I still have not used Samsung S voice as I think it could be a power drain and want my battery to last as long as possible 

Android 8 will hopefully come to the 7 edge and will hopefully make it last longer even though I'm not expecting it this year

BandOfBrothers

I haven't used Google Assistant much if I'm honest recently but on your comment on the home button used to invoke it that is still working on my s8 @DRUIDDOODE

Current Phone  >