cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Several devices can no longer connect to Vodafone Connect Wifi.

Jf12345
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Several devices can no longer connect to Vodafone Connect Wifi.

2 laptops a tablet and a phone that have previously connected to the wifi can no longer connect.  Other devices can still connect as usual.  The password has not been changed and nothing has changed. 

I've uninstalled the wifi adapter on the laptop and rebooted so it automatically would re install.  But no change. 

Any ideas what the issue could be.?

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Jf12345

Sometimes if I'm having issues connecting to wifi I go into the phones / iPads settings and choose something along the lines of Forget Network, so I can establish a fresh new network connection. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your suggestion time have tried that several times.  This has only just started in the last week.  All of the devices have previously connected without issue.  So something has happened to prevent them now.  

2 laptops, a tablet and a phone won't connect. A desktop, a laptop and 3 phones do connect.

Could the router have done a firmware update without me knowing to cause this?  

BandOfBrothers

Is their any settings you can log into see if any update has occurred?

Can't really say why it's now somehow hindering some devices and not others since those have connected before! Certainly a conundrum. I've not used that particular device so it could be some sort of settings either in those devices or WiFi device that's causing conflict. With these things it's typically a trial and error exercise going through them with a fine tooth comb and resetting the WiFi device. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@Jf12345 what is common amongst the phones that can connect ?   Are they all using 5Ghz Wifi rather than 2 ?

Have you split your wifi network in your router setting to present different SID ?   If not then I really do recommend you do that and see if this helps you reconnect the misbehaving devices.

Thanks for your suggestion

The connected devices are all at 5 Ghz

I have split the router into 2 networks. One at 5GHz and one at 2.4Ghz.  

And still the misbehaving devices don't connect. 

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Jf12345 - I’m sorry to hear of the problems you’re having.

Please speak with our Live Chat team and they can look into this.

There was definately some post on the forum before about misbehaving 2.4Ghz network only.   This is an interesting thread :

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Vodafone-Broadband-Router-Wireless-Device-Limit-Problems/...

I personally use another router now instead of the vodafone one so do not have any of these troubles thankfully.

Just a quick update.   This was fixed by Vodafone sending me a new router.