Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Slow Download Speeds in the Evening and Continuous Drop Outs

adxk
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello,

I have been experiencing incredibly slow broadband speeds on my Superfast 2 fibre broadband in the evenings (approximately 6pm onwards) and weekends. I’m seeing speeds in the region of 2-8Mbps which is significantly slower than the 75Mbps I get off peak and is substantially below the minimum guaranteed speed.

I have made numerous complaints and I have spoken with support at least 3 times recently, including yesterday (26 March 2018).

I was told yesterday that the speed I am receiving is below the minimum guaranteed speed and that technical support would look into it. This afternoon I received a text message from technical support saying there is no issue with my line and that my ticket has been closed.

It is clear the problem is due to congestion on my local exchange which would indicate why the technical team cannot find a fault on the line, but this is utterly inexcusable.

I am posting this message here as I am not getting anywhere with this through the customer support and complaints channels.

I want one of two outcomes from this post.

1. My broadband achieves the minimum guaranteed speed at all times
  2. I am able to leave Vodafone penalty free

2Mbps on a line capable of 75Mbps is an utter joke and Vodafone should be ashamed of such dismal service. The complete run around I’ve been given by the customer service and technical support teams is disgusting and shows the complete and utter contempt Vodafone has for customers.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

3 REPLIES 3

JamesBroadband
8: Helper
8: Helper

Good luck - I had the same issue and speeds, I left.

At BT? Nothing lower than 60mbit so far and usually 70mbit.

I've made another formal complaint and finally gotten through to someone reasonable.

I now have confirmation that the exchange I'm on is oversubscribed and will be for at least the next 12 weeks. I was given the option to leave penalty free or to remain with a 100% discount.

I've opted to leave for BT as they have some incredible deals on at the moment (£22.00 per month for infinity 2) and they actually work.

It's a shame as the first 11 months with Vodafone were practically faultless. But 3+ months with broadband that doesn't work, even if it's free, is pointless.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

It's really disappointing to hear you're getting such low speeds @adxk. I know this can be frustrating and I apologise for the delay in getting this investigated for you.

So our Broadband team can take a look into your account and help to diagnose any possible issues, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us directly.