Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sm messages

PSPEEPI
2: Seeker

I have a £15.00 per month sim card on unlimited texts, phone calls and 4 gigs and the past 3 months my charges have been £400.00 ,£150.00 and £116 and the charges are for hundreds of texts sent from my phone. I have been onto Vodaphone in India and they say I have sent them , but I have not , the phone stays with me all the time and no one has access to it. I am at my wits end as I am a pensioner. Vodaphone have now put a block on my phone for all texts which prevents me recieving and sending.I might as well go to another supplier.

I did recieve m,essages from various friends as they had recieved a text message from http:/optus-message.com/mms and this must have numbered hundreds and even now I recieve texts from this number but I dont open them

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Your number may have been scammed or your phone is sending mms messages although that would be a heck of a load of mms messages !

You could ask a Vodafone Highstreet Store to perform a sim swap in case it’s the SIM card misbehaving.

Depending on the make and model of your phone you could download an anti virus app and run a sweep. 

I agree that having texts turned Off isn’t a long term solution. 

Have they activated the premium rate sms bar. The information is under the quick links on the far right hand side of the forum. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

PSPEEPI

Hi Thanks for that I was going to go into the Vodaphone shop tomorrow so I will mention what you have said.

Yes the messages were to every city in the world.

I cannot get into my account either despite recievuing my user name and password I still had to ring and connect my phone but got so fed up with having all the push number one button number 2 etc

BandOfBrothers

You’re welcome @PSPEEPI

No one no matter what age or status deserves to be scammed. 

You could also ask for a change of number which would break the connection. 

If this particular company / business or unscrupulous person isn’t legit then unfortunately getting a refund back from them isn’t going to be easy. 

The link added above can give you information on the persons and information on what you can do. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@PSPEEPI I'm very sorry to hear about what's happened. 

Hopefully the store have been able to get everything fixed for you.

If you do need any further help though, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us.

AnnS

Hi @PSPEEPI

You have been a victim of a premium rate reverse charge message scam.  From what you have written, your number has been receiving regular unsolicited messages and these have been charged to your account.

As you are  a pensioner on a limited income,  this is unacceptable and you deserve every penny of your money back for these unwanted messages.

You also need the charge to bar account, not a total SMS restriction.  If your online account has been locked, Customer Services or live chat can enable the restriction.

There should be some kind of short code number from the messages, if you contact the PSA, information below, they will be able to help further.  You should then be in a position to contact the company sending these message and demand the return of your money.

Phone paid Services Authority

Further information below.

How can I stop premium rate services being accessed from my phone?

This is something where the Team here will be able to help, give them time to get to the thread and they will be able to PM you with a secure email link to get your details.