Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Software update failure & phone now unresponsivve

tweectbysandy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I attempted to install the latest Android software update. When i went back to the phone i had a message saying that the software update failed, please connect to a PC. The phone is now completely unresponsive. I have tried connecting to PC companion, to no success. The PC will not connect to the phone. I have tried 2 different computers and different USB leads, again to no success. 

I have tried to reset the phone with power button & volume up, and the small red button in the RH side sim slot cover.

I get the Sony Xperia logo briefly when the phone is plugged in, the Software update failed message then appears again. This cycles approximately every 2 minutes. 

Any help with how to reset the phone would be appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Sorry to hear this has happened. 

I would suggest speaking to Sony Uk Support as you appear to have tried all the usual self help troubleshooting tips. 

Sony Uk Support

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

bandofbrothers1 is right.   Sony or Vodafone will be able to reflash the firmware for you.

FWIW, before doing any system update, I always close recent apps and restart the device first so that it has the maximum possible of its resources for the process.  I also have it plugged in, even with a fully-charged battery so that there's no danger of it running out of juice half way through.

mavericke
7: Helper
7: Helper

tweectbysandy:

It might be too late to provide you with a possible solution but you may want to take the following steps before taking it into a repair center:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Sony-Xperia-Z-Dead-won-t-turn-on-won-t-charge-PC-doesn...