Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Speakers not working

lisatren
4: Newbie
The speakers on my S5 suddenly stopped working yesterday. I can hear through headphones or via Bluetooth but nothing from the phone itself, no call ring, notifications or music. Before anyone says is the sound turned up, yes it is! I have tried turning it off and on, removing the battery and sim even a factory reset with no joy. Before I go to a Vodafone store has anyone had this problem and knows of a fix or have I just got a phone with dud speakers? thanks
4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member
Hi there

Have you tried a hard reset of the device? That will wipe the device entirely and delete any apps that could cause you problems. If that doesn't work, you'll have to send the device off for repair.

PWIAC

Yes I said in my post I'd done a factory reset. If a phone this expensive is faulty after such a short period I'd expect a replacement phone and not the inconvenience of waiting for it to be repaired.

drey_p
Sorry, I missed that bit, it's early!

Vodafone won't replace the device unless it is beyond repair. If you send it off for repair with Vodafone and are on a Red Plan, you may be able to get a loan device in store when you drop it off for repair.

It may be an idea for you to also try your local Samsung repair centre. Sometimes they can fix the fault on the spot.

PWIAC

Thanks. I think I'll go straight to Samsung.