Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Spotify Premium Server Error

indiaeve
2: Seeker

Hi,

For about 2 months now I've been unable to access the spotify premium that comes as part of my monthly contract. I've phoned technical support a number of times and it still hasn't been resolved so I was wondering if anyone on here knew how to resolve this issue.

Basically, I follow the link sent to me in the text, follow the steps to log in to my existing spotify, then after a sort of loading period where it says 'completing purchase', a notice syaing 'A server error has occurred, we will have to log you in again' comes up every time without fail.

This seems to be a problem for a number of people, not just myself, so please could someone tell me if they know a solution, as its starting to get quite frustrating.

Thanks.

18 REPLIES 18

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

I've read that people that have an existing Spotify account have cancelled the free one and then set up a new account to use the one from their contract. 

This may / may not help you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

indiaeve
Thanks for replying, that is an option but I'd very much like to avoid the hassle of having to contact spotify as well to transfer all my playlists and saved songs to a new account if it were possible.

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. I wish you a speedy resolution.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @indiaeve

You don't need to cancel the Spotify free, it's the current premium subscription which will need to be cancelled.  As soon as this has been done, you will be able to activate the subscription which comes with your contract.

There is further information for you below.

Spotify Support

Although you have already been down the route, please persevere with live chat, they will be able to sort this out for you.

indiaeve
My premium subscription had already been suspended for over a month before I tried to link my spotify account to vodafone so it's not that causing the issue. It seems like I just keep getting sent round in circles with no resolution.

AnnS

Hi @indiaeve

You say suspended but did you actually cancel the subscription by going to the cancellation page ? Before you are able to activate the Vodafone subscription, this needs to be done first.

Try cancelling the previous subsctiption and then activating the new subsciption, this may work but please be aware that the previous subscription will run its course until the next renewal date and you won't be able to activate the new subscription until then.

If the problems continue, live chat are the one who will sort it out.

All the information needed is on the support link.

indiaeve
Yes I had already done that before I attempted setting it up, it's completely cancelled. Live chat told me to ring support which I did, but they were unable to sort it too.

AnnS

Hi @indiaeve

I don't see the reason for live chat being unable to help and referring you to CS.  

I would give it a further try and insist they access your account and help. They have the necesssary account access and are there to help and advise customers who are having problems.

If you find you are going round in circles, please come back to the forum for further help and advise.

Hi @indiaeve

As @AnnS has stated, please try our Live Chat team again as they have access to the necessary systems and will be able to look into this issue for you.

Nathan