Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SureSignal IP Range not Pinging

anthonypscott
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I've been trying to get my VSS version 3 box working for a week or more and have been going through the troubleshooting guide on the Forum to try and understand what the problem is.

I have checked my router and made sure that all relevant ports are open and that the IP address range 212.183.133.177 to 182 is enabled.

However, when I tried pinging any IP address within this range, as per the published trouble shooting guide, none of these addreess responded and they all timed out.

I checked that I can successfully ping another site, e.g. www.bbc.co.uk, which worked fine and so I then contacted my ISP Plusnet to check that they weren't applying a block. Plusnet confirmed that they are not blocking this range and also tried pinging the range from their end which also timed out for them as well.

This leads me to the conclusion that something is either blocking my ping requests or this server address range has been deactivated.

Any ideas anyone?

Perhaps a few people on the forum could also try pinging Vodafone's specified address range to see if this is a common problem.

1 REPLY 1

Landshark2007
6: Helper
6: Helper

Hi there,

Pinging the Vodafone servers does not really do anything as much of the time I have never gotten a response from the ping (and would not expect to as it is a critical server that should not respond to external pings). 

There is still an "issue" with Vodafone Sure Signals and I think you may be one of the unlucky "few" that have hit the issue, so I would wait and see what the weekend brings. 

Unfortunately Vodafone have not been very forthcoming with answers so the nature and seriousness of the outage remains a partial mystery. That said, the fact that over a week has passed and people are still off line should tell you all you need to know. 

Wherever I lay my '@', that's my 'ome.