cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Version 3 VSS Lights Power - flashing, Internet - off, In Service - orange, In Use - orange

CHWV
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I have a vodafone sure signal that wont connect. I have the device port forwarded and in the DMZ of the router settings. I have ran out and bought another suresignal to try and still no luck. I have contacted vodafone numerous times since thursday and no one gets back to me and its getting to the point that many users in our business cannot use the vodafone devices we pay monthly for because of the lack of signal. I have a 80MB down and 20MB up connection with a static IP, i have also done all the trace route testing for this device and the connection should be fine but the device still wont connect to the vodafone servers. The device has worked fine for 18 months and i have unplugged it in the last 3 months around 3/4 times and it has still worked. But the other day i unplugged it and ever since i plugged it back in it will not re-authenticate with vodafone.

I have also tryed this device on 3 other connections and no luck.

I have had terrible customer service regarding this issue even having a staff member say to me well if its other 12 months then just go buy another one even though there is no physical fault with the unit it just seems that vodaphone may need to manualy authenticate my devices or whitelist my IP. Please can i get some support regarding this issue asap as i am beginning to wonder if its worth keeping vodafone as a mobile provider for my business. 

2 REPLIES 2

duncanblowe
4: Newbie

Don't expect a fat lot of help from VF. It will go something like this:

1. Follow our troubleshooting guide. The page for this light sequence is locked so you can't actually post.

2. Do your traceroute ping etc. They won't bother telling you if its OK or not.

3. Reset all your router settings. Even though it worked without them being changed before.

4. Try it somewhere else. No help for where, and a VF shop will tell you they can't help.

So then they will give up and ignore further requests.

Anyway, if you are a small business there's a possibilty you are using a Draytek router. If so you might want to try changing the accept fragmented packets setting. Mine worked for 9 months and then just stopped while I was on holiday. Changing this setting fixed it. and its stayed fixed. Not suggested by VF tech.

Retired-EricChe
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@CHWV

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.