Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone K3565 rev 2 - Issues With Data Allowance

reedgj
Not applicable
Hi I bought a Vodafone K3565 rev 2 dongle and it came with 3GB allowance, I since bought a £15 topup voucher and it shows credit in account as £15 however I do not see any data allowance showing up in my account. Also I cannot select my device in my account as a dongle either.

Can you please advise me what is going on?

I still have 1.3gb usage from the original data preloaded on the device.

Many thanks

Gary Reed
18 REPLIES 18

Retired-Jon_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi gazreed,

On the new 3GB modems, your £15 top-up is only converted into a data allowance once you have used up your existing allowance. As soon as you run out of credit and next connect to the internet, that £15 will dissapear, and another 3GB of data allowance will be added to the account :)

I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean about selecting the device in my account. Can you be more specific?

Jon

eForum Team

reedgj
Not applicable
When I log in to my account, its where u select device so u can manage it.

Retired-Holly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi gazreed,

Thanks for clarifying, as I'm aware you have to wait until you have been suing the device for a month before you can manage it. :wacko:

On the main page of MyAccount there is a drop down box asking you to select your number, pick the mobile number for your dongle and then you will be able to manage the price plan etc.

Have you had your dongle for longer than a month and still unable to activate it on MyAccount?

If you are have any other questions please let me know. :)

Thanks

Holly
eForum Team

reedgj
Not applicable
Many thanks for the reply holly, I have had it about 3 days. Not a month yet, but now I know why.

Gary Reed

kmmenard21
Not applicable
I too have the very same problem as those who have already posted I added a 10 pound topup because I thought it might be that even though it said calling credit it would be added as data. Any help on this appreciated

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi kmmenard21,

Firstly, a very warm welcome to the eForum Family, it's always great to see new faces on here :).

I think the issue you're experiencing is because you've been trying to apply a £10 topup. The PAYG broadband service is only able to accept £15 topups so this is where the problem most likely lies.

George
eForum Team

Boscoe85
Not applicable
HI,
I am experiencing a similar problem. I have topped up my mobile broadband online with £25 of credit, which then came up in my account as calling credit only. I then realised that the Pay and Go broadband only accepts £15 pound top ups, so topped up with a further £15 pounds, all online. Now I have £40 calling credit and 12mb of allowance. Calling credit is useless to me as I do not have a vodafone mobile, only the Braodband dongle. Is it possible for me to either get a refund on my top ups which remain unused or to get them converted to mobile broadband allowance?
Thank you for any help.

Retired-Daz_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi there Boscoe82,

I can see the frustration - I can't guarantee anything, but will send you an email so we can collect your details and take it from there. Just reply with the details and we'll be in touch!

Daz

eForum Team

BTOG46
Not applicable
I too hadn't realised about the £15 top up for my PAYG mobile broadband and bought a £20 top up, but when a succession of failed game patch download attempts pushed me past the 3 GB limit, it did give me a further 3 GB allowance, with the remainder showing as calling credit.

My main problem is, that due to all the failed patch downloads, I'm now getting a pop up saying "3G volume limit approaching", what exactly is this? and will it stop me from my usual use of the connections in my Global Moderating position on the Ubisoft game forums?

The 3 GB limit is ample for the use I normally need it for, it was only the problems with the failed patch downloads that led to me using so much in the first place. :blink: