Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone PAYG Mobile Broadband - Randomly Getting Full Signal Loss

thelongbowman
Not applicable
Hi I'm new to the forum and would appreciate help in resolving why my VMC Lite indicates 4 bars signal strength 3G+ and 5 bars on GPRS but the upload and download rates drop to 0 and I loose connection to internet and sometimes the VMC Lite.
My normal transfer rates are usually around 148 Kbytes on 3G+ and 42 Kbytes on GPRS.
Post code FK3 0BG is within a strong signal area.
Please help as this loss of connection every few minutes is very discouraging.
4 REPLIES 4

thelongbowman
Not applicable
Hi I'm back after reading some of the forum content I uninstalled the VMC Lite program and installed the full VMC program from a link.
The program opens but will not connect ( RAS error 680 )
It appears that 2 usb ports are being opened causing a conflict although only 1 port is in use.
I have tried closing both these usb ports alternatively but the VMC Lite will not connect.

Retired-Jon_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi thelongbowman,

Can you verify that error code for me? Error 680 means "No Dial Tone" which would indicate a fault with the modem, but it's a bit of an unlikely fault to be honest. If however you mean Error 608 instead, then there is currently an issue with certain devices that we may be able to fix.

Can you confirm the error number for me, and also the exact model number of the modem you're using?

Jon

eForum Team

thelongbowman
Not applicable
Hi
VMC K3565 Lite
RAS error code 680
Has just started with this error since installing K3565-Z updates from your website.
and following the instructions from forum moderator.

Retired-Albert_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
hi the longbowman

From our experience the error 680 normally always indicates a conflict against the modem component. When the laptop attempts to dial using the modem it cant initialise.

Trouble Shooting device manager port conflicts tends to resolve 99% of these issues.

Check the modem properties under device manager (may display error code 10 and/or not have the modem, diagnostics and advanced tabs) Disable all devices that can use a port (Bluetooth, other modems, devices listed under ports including the VMC applications and diagnostics ports) reboot and recheck the modem properties. If the advanced tab is now available select it and advanced port settings and change the com port to a high end com port.
Renable all disabled devices and reboot again. Reconnecting should now allow connection.

Cheers :)

Albert
eForum team