Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 Update Problems

Droop
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Since the system update a couple of days ago half of my apps will not open.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi.

Sometimes apps can take a short while to catch up after a firmware update or an app update is waiting in Playstore. 

Sometimes just turning the phone Off and On to reboot it can help. 

Another last resort option would be to create a Back up and factory reset. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It was too many apps to be individual problems (inc. WhatsApp)

I did a factory reset and that's solved the problem although I must admit I wasn't happy about going to such lengths as I use a lot of apps that need registering I'm still not back to where I started after at least 2 hours work.

However thank you for your help.

hrym

I agree that resetting is a pain and I avoid it as much as possible.  FWIW, before running a system update I do the following:

1. Plug the phone in - the process is intensive and there's no way of monitoring the battery level while it's running.

2. Clear recent apps.

3. Clear the system cache - Settings|Storage|Clear cache

4. Make sure there aren't any app updates due that may kick in. at the wrong moment.

5. Restart the phone.

This may seem like overkill, but it ensures the device has the maximum space and resources for the job.   If space is tight, consider temporarily deleting some content (as long as you can restore it easily).   You need space for the update download as well as temporary files.

@DroopWhen the phone finally booted back into the system after the update, did it go through the (quite lengthy) app optimisation process?   If not, that would cause problems.

hrym

I've not experienced it before, but I had a number of app issues after the Nougat update.   They all settled down (without further updates) after about a week.