Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Wallet

kevinx
6: Helper

Can we not have a 'Vibrate on payment' notification, with Vodafone Wallet?

Can we not have a 'Vibrate on payment' option/default? This will serve as a notification that payment has happened, and possibly warn of any 'malicious' transactions.

There is no-where in the app to post this request to the devs, so MAYBE it'll get to them via the forum? (doubtful).

Current/Previous Devices:-Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge (Gold), Samsung Galaxy s5, HTC OneX (W), HTC Desire HD. HTC Desire, N97Mini(died), N97(x3) which finally died, NokiaN82, Nokia 6300, Nokia 6230i, Nokia 6230, Nokia N80, Nokia 6310, Nokia 3650, Nokia+Other Nokias (+ 2 TinCans and a piece of string, but that was AGES ago!!) 🙂

15 REPLIES 15

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hey @kevinx

Apple Pay has this so maybe the Dev's can write something into this. I personally do not use the service you highlight. 

Vodafone read all posts so I shouldn't see why your comments wouldn't be fed back. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

kevinx
B O B..

It's also present within SmartPass (which is ending in November, hence the switch to Wallet), but there is no way to activate within Wallet unfortunately.

Cheers

Current/Previous Devices:-Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge (Gold), Samsung Galaxy s5, HTC OneX (W), HTC Desire HD. HTC Desire, N97Mini(died), N97(x3) which finally died, NokiaN82, Nokia 6300, Nokia 6230i, Nokia 6230, Nokia N80, Nokia 6310, Nokia 3650, Nokia+Other Nokias (+ 2 TinCans and a piece of string, but that was AGES ago!!) 🙂

BandOfBrothers

You're  welcome.

I'm awaiting for Samsung Pay to be released in the Uk. I hope it has this feature within it. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw
Hi, my bank now supports Android pay, I use that and you have to wake your phone to make a transaction, does your bank support that yet? Something to consider perhaps?

kevinx
Hi John,

Thanks for the thought. Yes, my bank (NW) does NOW support Android Pay, but I actually prefer Wallet, and SmartPass in the way they operate in as much as ones phone can be sleeping/awake or even off, and one can still make a payment. This is quicker, and more convenient, than having to unlock the phone/app to use it. Probably would be quicker to take out a normal bank card than having to unlock etc.

No, I prefer Wallet for its ease, speed and simplicity.

Cheers

63johnw
I have been using both, you don't have to unlock, simply wake the phone, but it's your choice, if worried about fraudulent payments being taken its worth trying.

kevinx
Cheers John.

hrym

Fraudulent payment is a question that arises periodically in relation to contactless payment.  Cards don't vibrate on payment, so maybe it's a bit of a red herring on phones.   The thing is that, in order to collect money from a contactless card, you have to have a payment processing service and a bank account.   There's no way of short-circuiting that.   Although banks are anxious to play down the level of card fraud (they want us to use them), it does seem that contactless is a lot safer than chip & PIN.

One advantage a phone has over a physical wallet is that it avoids card clash, which is potentially a greater problem.   With a phone, you have to choose which card to use, if you have more than one in the virtual wallet.   You don't get that with a physical one and the wrong card can make the payment.

If you're still concerned, you can turn off automatic payment in Vodafone Wallet, or turn off NFC altogether and just activate it when you want to make a payment.   Again, neither of those options is available with a physical card.

kevinx
Thanks hyrm.

I used the 'fraud' angle/comment as an example. My preference would be to simply have the vibrate option, so one knows when a payment has been transacted at the terminal. I simply got used to this with SmartPass, and found it strangely absent with Wallet.

Cheers