Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Voice recognition - support line

Equitas
1: Seeker

Dear Vodafone, 

I honestly cannot think of anything more annoying than voice recognition automated support navigation. On a personal level, I hate them, but I apprecaite this is the future we'll all have to get used to more of this, but in this case, I think you should have option to have the keypad also, because the system is just not very good most of the time and it's not always appropriate to be talking at a machine in public. 

Right now, I am in a cafe, there is music in background and is very busy, I do not wish to shout down the phone at a machine, especially seems it rarely seems to understand what I want. So it takes like 4-5 attempts. My query is complicated and its not easy to describe to a human, let alone a computer. 

Spending 5 mins trying to communicate with voice recognition technology which only works one 5th of the time migtht save you money but it costs my time, you're litereally loading your customer service costs onto me, which is irritating.  At the very least, you could make it as painless as posssible, this is not painless. 

If you ignore it, eventually it gets the message and lets you use the keypad, but only after nagging you 3-4 times and wasting time. 

I assume your intention for implementing this is not to annoy / wind up your customers or waste their time. 

Please put in the keypad option at the start for those who don't want to shout at comptuers that don't understand you. 

Thank you, 

1 REPLY 1

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Equitas - I understand your frustration with this, especially when you’re in a public place.

I’ve feedback your comments. In the meantime, please continue to ignore the message asking you to speak and it will then give you the option to use your keypad.