Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi Calling - ONLY Red 30 day sims

Jayhey
4: Newbie
Well apparently paying Vodafone £25 a month they can't activate Wifi Calling as I am a 'standard' sim customer - moronic as my sim is red - a red Vodafone sim! Like every other Voda network worldwide that advertise RED sims as Vodafone the network.

Spoke to several staff and no one could point me to the terms of this online or reference this in the online store.

Either Vodafone need to stop penalising 'standard sim' customers or make it clear on the web store what sims actually can USE Wifi Calling and what plans are standard and RED.

The several offshore staff were apologetic as they could not activate it due to 'standard' sim warnings in their system & to change plan to activate but could find absolutely nothing on the V shop or the whole UK website about WC relating to 'standard exclusion' or 'RED inclusion' on 30 day sims.

Be aware people because Vodafone UK are not even aware of their own terms or restrictions on the website!

Peace all :Smiling:
6 REPLIES 6

Jayhey
PS) Can I just say it is shockingly poor Vodafone that any pay monthly customer on every other main UK network can use Wifi Calling via app or mobile OS and Vodafone exclude any customer is just way below par of the experience customers want.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

The online information states....

"To take advantage of Wi-Fi Calling, you need:

A Pay monthly Red or Red Value Bundle, Red+ or Business Premier*" 

From https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/network-improvements/wi-fi-calling/

Which phone are you using ? Was it supplied by Vodafone if a Samsung eligible one. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Jayhey

Thanks BoB

Yes but the online shop does not tell you if it is excluded, 3 calls to customer care couldn't work it out either or find the info in their systems or website.

i6S

After 2 days of V not giving me my PAC I got it, Plusnet [MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic content please see community guidelines]. V offered to match on a 12 month contract only, no brainier to leave.

Can't fault the network, can fault the online shop not making clear Wifi Calling not included with all sim plans (how hard to make a icon showing what sims support it) and customer care centres offshore.

The Live Chat and Twitter team were great today about PAC, it's a shame when leaving 'care' kicks in.

It was a great month with Voda coverage until I had to contact the call centres, polite but hopeless. Outsourcing eh!?!

Hopefully Vodafone will start pricing 30 day sims like their data - realistically and with Wifi Calling included, it's the only pay monthly to exclude WC out all the 4 big networks.

I have a EE Signal Box they gave me free at home so why pay 1.5 more a month for less allowances and have to buy a V Sure Signal when my handset can support Wifi Calling but V limit its pay monthly customers. I came to V for Wifi Calling. I left. Or tried to & ended up insulted by a retention offer 1.5 times for 12 months more expensive and buying my Sure Signal.

I was with V many years ago but things were bad then, they have got worse unfortunately as Ofcom proves.

Many thanks to Live Chat & twitter today, as good as network itself but everything in between was below mediocre.

BandOfBrothers

Hi

I've taken a look at past posts on the forum and their are a few discussing Calling Over Wifi on Red Sim only. 

Sometimes it needs to be activated by customer service to work. 

Maybe one of the other members here on sim only can clarify. 

They seem to indicate the feature is available. 

One such thread is > http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly-products-services/Wifi-calling-on-SIM-only-contract/m-p/2...

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly-products-services/iPhone-6s-Wifi-Calling/m-p/2434917/high...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Jayhey
Indeed forum, but the Vodafone shop on the website makes no mention. After staff have asked you in store what handset for sim and they confirm suitable and you order a sim to find out it is 'standard' excluded is very poor. 10GB/£25 spend a month is not 'standard' it's bordering on premium (if not Premium) given the offers other networks have for £25 30 day terms.

Limiting any pay monthly customer because the reception is poor stinks of hypocrisy.

Vodafone Wifi Calling experience:
'Computer says no' = customer says bye!

Jayhey
To clarify BoB

Customer services state 30 day sims are 'standard' and you must agree to a 12 month sim term for Wifi Calling feature.

Who takes out a 30 day sim to transfer to a 12 month sim contract to be able to use Wifi Calling with their own broadband ? Lunacy!