Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iphone 4 E mail - outgoing server settings

BrianH
2: Seeker

Help ! Just got a new iphone 4 and am having problems sending e-mails. My ISP provider is O2 and I use a seperate hosting service ( Clara net ) for e-mails. My incoming mail server works fine. I have set that as pop.name.com and have my e-mail address as my user name and then my password. When it comes to the outgoing swerver, nothing I do works. I have tried setting it to the respective outgoing server addresses for O2, BT Internet, and Clara net but none work. I just get an  error message stating message could not be sent and to check SMTP settings on my outgoing server. Does anyone else use Claranet and O2 with an iphone 4? If so what settings are you using? Went tto both a Vodafone shop and an Apple store - clueless !! ( like me )

Thanks

Brian

4 REPLIES 4

BrianH

Apologies - Have just resolved.

Hi 

May i ask you how did you resloved this issue?

Regards

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Do you realise that this thread is several years old? Please look at the dates of threads as there is no point in reactivating threads that are very old.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

@Qamarqrsh If you’re experiencing this issue also, you can try to remove your email address and resetting this up again?