Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

low bandwidth

gmanoo
1: Seeker

Can anyone help.  I can't stream Amazon video in the evening despite getting 38mbs on a speed test and also periodically have trouble streaming Netflix and other catchup channels in the evening.  I recieve an error messgae saying 'low bandwidth'. Absolutely fine during the day.  Vodafone done tests and say there are no issues!  ha, really?!!

2 REPLIES 2

JamesBroadband
8: Helper
8: Helper

@gmanoowrote:

Can anyone help.  I can't stream Amazon video in the evening despite getting 38mbs on a speed test and also periodically have trouble streaming Netflix and other catchup channels in the evening.  I recieve an error messgae saying 'low bandwidth'. Absolutely fine during the day.  Vodafone done tests and say there are no issues!  ha, really?!!

Can we help? No.

Can the VF Forum team help? No.

Can you help yourself? Sure, flag that you're leaving and contact OfCom to complain. EMail the VF exective using ceoemail.com

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for getting in touch @gmanoo, I'm sorry to hear about the streaming issues you're having.

Are you only having these problems on Wi-Fi? If your speed tests are showing fine, it could be worth splitting your SSID to help decrease traffic on the line. You can do this using the following instructions:

Changing Wi-Fi Channels – Split SSID

You can do this by logging into your router menu:

- Go to vodafone.connect or 192.168.1.1

- Enter the password - vodafone

- In the top right, change this mode to expert mode

- Go to the Wi-Fi tab

- Scroll down and click on split SSID

- You’ll then see the two options, one for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, in each section, you’ll see the SSID name – we’d recommend changing the name to have a 2 and a 5 at the start, as you’ll then be able to identify which is which on your device.

- Hit apply

Changing Wi-Fi Channels

- In the Wi-Fi tab, go to settings from the left menu

- Here you can change the channel of the 2.4Ghz/5Ghz channels from Auto.

- We’d recommend either 1,6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz
- Run a speedtest before you change the channel and then another afterwards, as you’ll then be able to see any difference it’s made.

Please let us know if this helps, if not don't hesitate to pop back to us and we'll be more than happy to assist you further 🙂