Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

no data connection with new Archos 40 titanium

gonzalocontre
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

Just bougth an ARCHOS 40 Titanium and the data connection is not working. I've tried to reset default settings in APNs, but it doesn't work. I've also tried with to put the instructions in vodafone manual configuartion but again without results.

Pay monthly and Business
APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk
Username: wap
Password: wap
MMSC: http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy: 212.183.137.12
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 234
MNC: 15
APN Type: default,mms

Can you please help me? 

Thanks in advance

Gonzalo

1 REPLY 1

Jebelious
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Can i suggest that you try the INTERNET APN instead to see if this works - when putting in the APN manually you may also need to perform a manual network roam to kick it in.

INTERNET

web

web

this is just to see if there is an issue with the WAP APN on the device - you will need the WAP APN on the device for MMS to work however if you are planning to use this service. 

Manual roam = 

Once you have put the APN settings in and confirmed the device is using these - restart the phone

Go into settings

Mobile Data

Network Operators

Search networks

Select EE or Three (i have found O2 does not always get this working) when the search completes

Once this shows limited access in the previous menu select the select automatically

This should force the network update and start the data off (you may need to do this 2/3 times).

If this is still not successful then there may be something with the APN and the device firmware that is preventing access using the network settings however this should not be the case.

If i have helped please feel free to click on the Thumbs Up below