Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

unlocking a phone with sim lock

Muldoonsghost
2: Seeker

Vodafone want me to pay £381.53p more than my normal bill and I dispute it. I have paid the £112 I would normally pay. Details at the bottom.

While trying to get it resolved I was given a number to ring, 03333041259. I ended up talking to a woman from India (who was in the middle of some sort of festival she told me, the background noise was awful. I could imagine her in a crown in a carnival on a mobile.) She told me it had been decided that I could have £50 off. No discussions about what and why I was disputing, this was already decided. I said no and that if she can't actually discuss it I would raise it here in the UK at the next level. She didn't like that and she kept asking what I wanted as a resolution. Then she said I could have a Deadlock Letter and it would arrive in 12 working days and that would allow me to escalate to Ombudsman. Thats all I was told and it sounded reasonable, I said yes.

I have just had my number cut off.

So, I call 191 and they advise me that they can't reconnect until the dispute is sorted. This sounds weird to me. If in dispute then things should stay the same, connected. I have after all paid my normal bill. And to add to the stupidity I find I now can't access my account online. Vodafones website (which is TERRIBLE and worthy of a long discussion of it's own) wouldn't accept my account login so I tried the 'forgotten password' and 'Forgotten username' options. Eventually I enter my mobile number and I get:

Sorry, we can't reset your password as you've entered a number that's not registered. Please check carefully and try again."

What. The. ##~##? I created a new registration to be able to post here.

So, is this level of "##~## You" normal when trying to resolve a dispute with Vodafone? I know this much, I'll be examining my options with other companies VERY carefully and leaving Voda asap.

If anyone is interested in why I have a big bill it was on my 15 year old son's phone. He used 11Gb of data (has a plan for 4) and bought services for android games thinking it was ingame currency. BUT, I had a data cap in place. 191 tells me it was REMOVED when I upgraded his data to 4gb back in May this year. Obviously I did not want it removed, I did not ask for it to be removed, but Voda did so and now there's a lot of data used. Also I have a business account. By default a business account does NOT have "Charge to Bill" as a payment method. I ensured his phone and Google had no cards or payment methods on it to prevent stupid bills. Suddenly his phone, and mine and my wifes have this payment option enabled. It appears to have arrived with one of their updates but I don't know when. It must have been recent or the other months might have gone over. I don't want it, didn't ask for it and their website says it shouldn't be there. I set his phone up to be financially safe but Voda messed up.

And now it's saying "Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied." It keeps looping. I DIDN'T USE HTML YOU STUPID ##~##

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Totally appreciate your unimpressed with the situation @Muldoonsghost

It's usually a final resort for Vodafone to issue a Deadlock Letter so a person can escalate this to the Communications Omsbudsman. 

Until this process is begun and run its course Vodafone wouldn't be able to usually do anything until the Omsbudsman has carried out its arbitration.

In regards to the thread title are you wanting to unlock your phone so any Networks SIM card works in it > unlock-code-request.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Muldoonsghost

I'm trying to post and it's saying "Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied." It keeps looping back no matter what I do so I'm testing with this paragraph on it's own.

While trying to get a problem resolved I was given a number to ring, 03333041259. I ended up talking to a woman from India who was in the middle of some sort of festival she told me. The background noise was awful. I could imagine her in a crown in a carnival on a mobile. She looked at the notes and told me it had been decided that I could have £50 off. No discussions about what and why I was disputing, this was already decided. I said no and that if she can't actually discuss it I would raise it here in the UK at the next level. She didn't like that and she kept asking what I wanted as a resolution. Then she said I could have a Deadlock Letter and it would arrive in 12 working days and that would allow me to escalate to Ombudsman. Thats all I was told and it sounded reasonable. I said yes. That was on Friday afternoon, 25th Aug 17.

Sorry, I'm posting in bits to get past the website error.

I have just had my number cut off. (and I'm not using HTM bloody L.)

I hear a ping from my phone, a text. It's Vodafone saying my account is now on restricted service. Of course I call 191 and they advise me that they can't reconnect until the dispute is sorted. This sounds weird to me. If in dispute then things should stay the same, connected. I have after all paid my normal bill. And to add to the stupidity I find I now can't access my account online. Vodafones awful website which is worthy of a long discussion of it's own wouldn't accept my account login so I tried the forgotten password and forgotten username options. Eventually I enter my mobile number and I get:

Sorry, we can't reset your password as you've entered a number that's not registered. Please check carefully and try again.

Don't use single quotes on this forum. It hates them.

What. The. ##~##? I had to create a new registration to be able to post here.

So, is this level of ##~## You normal when trying to resolve a dispute with Vodafone? I know this much, I'll be examining my options with other companies VERY carefully and leaving Voda asap.

If anyone is interested in why I have a big bill and why I am disputing it, it was on my 15 year old son's phone. He used 11Gb of data with a plan for 4 and bought services for android games thinking it was ingame currency. BUT, I had a data cap in place. 191 tells me it was REMOVED when I upgraded his data to 4gb back in May this year. Obviously I did not want it removed, I did not ask for it to be removed, but Voda did so and now there's a lot of data used. Also I have a business account. By default a business account does NOT have Charge to Bill as a payment method. I ensured his phone and Google had no cards or payment methods on it to prevent stupid bills. Suddenly his phone, and mine and my wifes have this payment option enabled. It appears to have arrived with one of their updates but I don't know when. It must have been recent or the other months might have gone over. I don't want it, didn't ask for it and their website says it shouldn't be there. I set his phone up to be financially safe but Voda messed up.

I'm really sorry about the broken message. It looks bad but I couldn't post it in one entire piece. Hopefully you can see what I'm trying to say? Thanks for being persistant.

No @Muldoonsghost Vodafone wouldn't restrict services etc because they've issued a Deadlock letter.

This letter is so you can engage the Communication Omsbudsman as Vodafone are unable to resolve this amicably with you I'm assuming. 

Usually the restricting of Services is because Vodafone Systems has detected non payment in connection to a bill. 

I refer you to the answer I gave in your earlier thread here > Pay-monthly/unlocking-a-phone-with-sim-lock.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.