cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Watts Vision BT-CT02 RF Wifi Central Touchscreen Control incompatible with thg3000

WorkIT
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Have been trying to get the BT-CT02 wifi controller to communicate through the thg3000 installed last month.  The controller worked with a BT Router prior to vodafone and also works if I connect to my phone hotspot, ironically which is connected to the thg3000.

At first I thought it was the device, got a version upgrade file and flashed the device, no change.  The did a factory reset on the device and router, no change.  Vodafone support has been poor and they now say I have to keep the router as it is past the 14 day cooling off period.  Other devices connect to the thg3000 and work as intended.

The controller is connected to the router and does connect to the remote server using the pairing code provided by Watts Vision.  However the communication drops out after a few seconds.  Its not the WiFi strength, good strong signal.  Cant understand why it works with other routers, without issue.  Vodafone says if I terminate my contract I will have to pay a termination fee.

All I want is this device to work, it was installed in the property when built and worked up to the vodafone installation.  Other 40+ apartments have the same controller working fine with BT or Sky.

6 REPLIES 6

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@WorkIT  Did your hotspot have the same credentials as the router, if not try turning off the router WiFi then connecting with the same credentials to the hotspot and then turning it off and the router WiFi back on. Alternatively try using the guest WiFi. 

Hi, thanks for reply.  The hotspot was through my Iphone on 4G, looks like it is separate to the VF WiFi.  When a device connects to the hotspot it logs off the WiFi.   I can get the watts vision working through a BT router at a different location.  All was well until I switched to VF, its a new property for me and the BT box had been removed.  Had no real issues with VF in the past, but this one is a real pain.  VF suggested upgrading to Pro, it a bit more expensive but has WiFi 6 and a mesh network. 

I did manage to get my user name and password today off VF, I have a spare BT router at home (60 miles away)  Been at this for weeks now,  VF are being difficult as I am out of my 14 day cooling off period.  I just want it to work.

Cynric

@WorkIT When connected to the hotspot did you give it the same SSID as the router? Have you tried resetting the VF router? Can you tell what WiFi channel the router WiFi is on?

Hi Cynic,

Tried everything regarding this, even reinstalled the dice software and re-installed all the heating devices.  VF gave me a huge run around, saying other devices such as iphone, tv etc all worked so the issue was not with the router.

Finally got it sorted, went to BT and signed up with them.  Went live today and everything working fine, too less than 10 minutes.  Clearly a lock down issue with the VF 3000 router.  Cost me 100's of hours and months of no heating controls over the internet, which is crucial to the holiday let.

Cynric

@WorkIT Wow, glad you are sorted. But what a pain to go through.

2  months waisted.  A dreadful experience with VF on the phone or chat.  Hundred’s of hours spent on it.  Rubbish support.   Such a shame.