Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Accessing mobile data iPhone 5s PAYG

ssmariner
3: Seeker
Hi, after updating to ios9 I've been unable to use mobile data. I've installed the settings via text from Vodafone and resetting the phone, any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ssmariner
Hi, thanks for that. I manually input the settings you described and all is working fine now.
Thanks again
😀

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Have you tried these Resets ?

On the iPhone hold down the Sleep/Wake Button and Home button together until the Apple Logo shows. Then On seeing this Apple Logo release both buttons ,and the iPhone will reset , which has been known to clear most glitches.

Settings -> General-> Reset -> Reset All Settings.

Is Mobile Data toggled on and do you see any data connection such as 3G etc in the phones status bar ?

Does this connection issue happen at home or everywhere ?

Double check your APN settings in the iPhone as I have seen similar reports that the update changed some users APN Settings. 

Settings- Mobile Data-Mobile Data Network. 

iPhone usually sets up APNs automatically, but if you need to enter them manually, here's how.

From the home screen:

Tap Settings.
In the first section tap Mobile/Cellular.
Tap Mobile data network/Cellular data network.
Enter the following settings into the onscreen form, without changing any other settings;
Mobile/Cellular Data:
APN - internet (PAYG - pp.vodafone.co.uk)
Username - web (PAYG - wap)
Password - web (PAYG - wap)
Visual Voicemail:
MMS:
APN - internet (PAYG - pp.vodafone.co.uk)
Username - web (PAYG - wap)
Password - web (PAYG - wap)
MMSC - http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy - 212.183.137.12:8799
MMS Max Message Size - 307200
(As a check, the image below shows blue text in the fields you should have completed)
Tap the left arrow at the top three times
Press the home button
On the status bar at the top of the screen, next to the name of your mobile network, you should now see a data connection indicator 4G, 3G, E or GPRS. This means the data connection is live and working.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

ssmariner
Hi, thanks for that. I manually input the settings you described and all is working fine now.
Thanks again
😀

BandOfBrothers
Awesome.

It's weird how some have been affected and some haven't.

Current Phone  >

Bibbaxxx
Thank you this has worked perfect I entered it manually now it is all up and running thanks again 👍

BandOfBrothers

@Bibbaxxx wrote:
Thank you this has worked perfect I entered it manually now it is all up and running thanks again 👍

You're welcome 😎

Current Phone  >

Nicki20119
1: Seeker
Hi I have tried this and everything else I can think of but its still not working on my iPhone 5 since the update! Have you got any other ideas?

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

Check to see if you have any carrier Updates. 

Apple Help Link.

Can you try the SIM card in another phone as a process of elimination to see if it's your sim or iPhone at fault. If the Sim works as it should then gave the phone restored via iTunes or looked at via an  Store via a https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/ appointment.  provide a one year warranty. 

I assume Mobile Data is toggled to On. 

Contact Customer Services to have your account checked and if necessary Reset if the sim does not work in a phone you know is known to work. Another option is a SimSwap which moves your number and tariff to a new SIM card, which any Vodafone Store can process. Take ID. 

@Nicki20119 wrote:
Hi I have tried this and everything else I can think of but its still not working on my iPhone 5 since the update! Have you got any other ideas?

Current Phone  >

Nicki20119
1: Seeker
Yeah mobile data is on I even get the 3G symbol at the top of my home screen just if I try going on the Internet when I'm not connected via wifi I get you are not subscribed to a mobile data network but it worked fine before the update!

BandOfBrothers

Ok. 

Please try the suggestions.

Hope all goes ok.  

Current Phone  >