Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone K3570-z Modem - I'm Getting Slow Connection Speeds

betnel
Not applicable
Bought a K3570-z mobile broadband dongle for traveling around with my netbook. So far the best speed I have received has been about 14kbps. Is this the best that Vodafone has? It is so slow that my netbook goes into standby & I can't access my email. Forget any web research. Is there something that I am doing wrong?
5 REPLIES 5

Retired-Trev
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi betnel and welcome to the eForum. :)

The connection speed can vary, dependant on the location, type of connection and time of connecting ( possible bandwidth congestion).

Is it at all times and locations you are getting this issue?

It will help if you can supply the postcodes in the areas you are having issues, so I can do a thorough check on coverage and possible faults.

Regards

Trev
eForum Team

betnel
Not applicable
The 1st location was SW6 7AH. Painfully slow to just download email. Had to hold the computer near a window to get a decent connection.

The next place was in post code BH30 5AL. The connection worked only briefly & was quite slow.

The last location that was positively maddening was in GU30 7PD - Liphook. I finally paid the hotel for their wireless service. Literally, the mail would not download.

I am now in London - SW1 and the connection is better.

I will be spending more time in SW6 in the coming weeks. Is there something that needs to be done to update this dongle?

Thx for your help.

Retired-Trev
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi betnel

I checked those areas for you. :)

SW6 7AH is a good 2G/3G area, however the coverage is classed as outdoor as you get closer towards the football stadium.

BH30 5AL is coming back as an invalid postcode. Is this correct?

GU30 7PD is a general poor coverage area. There's no 3G sites in this area, and as no sites are allowed in Woolmer Forest, 2G coverage is outdoor at best, with the closest site being at Liphook train station.

There are no faults with any of the sites in these areas, but GU30 7PD is a general poor coverage area.

If you can check and confirm the BH postcode, I'll check this also.

Regards

Trev
eForum Team

betnel
Not applicable
Thx for checking. Typo on the first post code but no need to check that one further now. However, I will be in the SW6 area for sometime & need internet access. Would another carrier have better coverage or is there something about the area that good coverage is not possible?

Hi betnel

I checked those areas for you.

SW6 7AH is a good 2G/3G area, however the coverage is classed as outdoor as you get closer towards the football stadium.

BH30 5AL is coming back as an invalid postcode. Is this correct?

GU30 7PD is a general poor coverage area. There's no 3G sites in this area, and as no sites are allowed in Woolmer Forest, 2G coverage is outdoor at best, with the closest site being at Liphook train station.

There are no faults with any of the sites in these areas, but GU30 7PD is a general poor coverage area.

If you can check and confirm the BH postcode, I'll check this also.

Regards

Trev
eForum Team

Retired-BenJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi betnel

Its difficult for us to really comment on other network operators in this way as we don't have access to their network infrastructure.

As the signal reduces as it gets nearer the football stadium, I would suspect that's this would be an affecting factor for all radio networks in the area.

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team