Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC - not enough storage

alinclifton
3: Seeker
HI. I have an HTC Desire 310. Never been really happy with it, but now I can't download any apps at all. I have ample phone storage left but every time I try and update an app or add a small app it tells me there is insufficient storage space. This isn't the case. Anyone have similar problems or know how to fix it Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

How much user storage space do you have compared to how much is showing. I think the internal memory is 4gb with some taken up for the Operating System which isn't a lot. 

Some phones allow the movement of Apps to a Sd memory card too. You would have to check if your particular model of handset allows this and the movement of pictures and music to the Sd card to create more memory space in the ohones own memory. 

A soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On may help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

alinclifton
Thanks. It is a model where I can't transfer to SD card. I have cleared the cache for some items and this has allowed me a bit more space. Thank

BandOfBrothers
Hi

You're Welcome.

Possibly look at rarely used apps too with a view to removing them.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

If you have photos or any other content, such as music, you could look at moving them to an external sd card.   The camera app may have the option to use the card as its default storage, too.

This is an obsolete model and things have moved on since it was current - devices have more storage and memory.   The result is that apps tend to assume that more resources are available to them and take up more space, meaning that you can store and run fewer of them.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 that's now so slow as to be impractical and a not much younger Samsung tablet that is restricted in what I can do with it.  On that, I've found that regularly clearing recent apps makes it a bit more usable.

According to the last-published spec for the 310, it was running Android 4.2, which I think was late Jellybean (do you have that, or can you update to it?).  As far as I'm aware, that did allow compatible apps to be moved to an sd card.   You have to open each one in settings and see whether the option is listed.

As Bandofbrothers1 says, 4gb is precious little space (my S2 has 16 and my tablet 8 and they still struggle).