Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

unable to send message after...

mandrews
4: Newbie
Hay all,
this morning my HTC one (m8) has developed an issue sending messages.
When I send a message it replays with. "unable to send message after multiple attempts"
the people on the other end are receiving 20+ copys of the 1 message I'm attempting to send.

I have looked on this forum and followed some advice given about changing my provider to a different network then changing it back to Vodafone with no joy.

Am I going to have to pop in to a store?
4 REPLIES 4

Nabs
17: Community Champion

Hi @mandrews

I'm wondering if it's an issue with the messaging app on the device. Have you tried installing a different one from the Play Store?

If not i'd maybe look at installing Hangouts or Messenger (both made by Google) and see if the issue continues.

If the problem still persists then a factory reset may be the next step, let us know how you get on with the above suggestion first though.

Nabs

mandrews
4: Newbie
Thanks for you replay.

other messaging apps such as apps are working fine it's only sms messages that are the issue.

My thought is that it maybe something to do with the message centre on my phone but I'm not sure how to resolve it my self.

Nabs

Hi @mandrews

Sorry I didn't explain very well, I meant to try installing one of the apps above and use it as your SMS app.

When you try to send your first message after installing it should ask if you want to use it as the default SMS (The Messenger one certainly does), at this point choose yes and your SMS messages will be routed through the Google Messenger app rather than the built in HTC Messages one. 

Screenshot (11 May 2015 12_03_21).jpg

Nabs

hrym

Before you try anything else, or get into a factory reset, it might be worth going into Setting|Apps and clearing data on the messaging app.  That can sometimes clear things if there's a corruption somewhere.  It can also be worth going into the recent apps tab (the two-pages button at the bottom of the homescreen) and clearing those.  If it's a memory issue, that can clear things, too.