Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Activating data. How does it work?

StrangeR
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there.

When you buy a data pack and can see it in the ‘services and extras’ section of an account, does it activate automatically? If you have more than one data pack, do they queue and activate when one runs out? There’s nothing I can find on the site and I’m wondering where one of my data packs has gone.... It would be useful to have clear information on the main site. 

Many thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @StrangeR 

My thoughts are that the Data packs wouldn't automatically activate due to the nature of a mobile dongle and people not wanting to use one all the time just when needed.

In the services and extras section is there not an option to toggle to get it activated or it maybe the act of launching the Internet that activates it.

Your right that the Vodafone support pages seem to concentrate on setting up and adding data packs.

Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries will be able to.clarify.

Or call 0333 3040191 and ignore the prompts to enter a mobile number and on around the 4th prompt it'll pass you through to an agent.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Getting-started/mobile-broadband. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Yes @StrangeR  you are able to queue up to 5 data packs and are able to purchase extra packs at any time.  Data packs should be valid for 90 days, when the 90 day period is reached or the allowance has been used the next pack will automatically start.

There used to be some information on the website, but if you have any problems live chat/Customer Services will help.