Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cant get Gigacube to receive 5G

Invisiblekid
1: Seeker

I’ve had a gigacube router for a couple of weeks and I’ve not managed to receive 5G at all. Even tho I get it on my phone and the guy in the store and numerous people on the phone and the online coverage checker says o should be getting it. I’ve been told they are working on the mast but I’ve never heard of that taking 2 weeks and how come my phone is ok? Also I’ve read other accounts of that ‘reason’ being given. So maybe that’s to fob us off. Today a guy tried saying the same but when I told him my phone was getting the signal he changed his tune. I’m getting sent a replacement device this weekend apparently and a new SIM card also. Not sure if the two will come together. 
was wondering if this should get the problem sorted as I’ve had this thing for a fortnight and not got 5G at all despite being guaranteed to have it. I’m in an area where fixed broadband is rubbish so this is my only real option and it seems that even this does not work. 

1 REPLY 1

MarkD

Hi @Invisiblekid, it sounds like our teams are going through the normal troubleshooting by sending you out a new device and a new SIM Card. The device will be sent by DPD and the SIM Card will be delivered by Royal Mail, if the GigaCube is in stock, this will likely arrive first. You'll have to keep us updated how you go on 🙂

In the meantime, we know that your phone is getting 5G, could you please provide us with your full postcode, or if you don't want to post this publicly, you can add this to your Community profile? As you've been told we're working on your local mast, we'll be happy to check this information and check for any updates.