Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

K4505 Firmware update - fault on Vodafone support continues

mario_bene
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello there,

I have now tried all channels to get hold of the K4505 upgrade (Customer service, Business customer service, Forum with a post to one of the existing queries, formal complain with data provision faults open numerous times) but nothing has changes the site to download the software is never available and I suppose at this stage it will never be.

My connection on GPRS and EDGE drops continuously, the 3G connection is unstable and while my colleagues next to me have connectivity with a K3570 I struggle to send emails or have any connectivity at all in Halifax centre.

Can someone on the forum board provide a working link or upload the K4505 firmware update file attached to a post?

No need to say that the time I spend frustrated with the Dongle is not justified as there is plenty of offer out there.

I would be glad if someone would reply to this message (at least) with a proposed solution.

Regards

3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there mario_bene,

Many thanks for your post regarding upgrading the firmware on your K4505.

Would you be able to give the following link a go for me please?

K4505 Firmware Update

Password: vmb102

Download and extract the files and run setup_vmb.exe in order to install. This should remove any previous version too :Winking_smiley:

Please feel free to post back to let me know how you get on.

If you have a spare minute, I'd be really grateful for some feedback on the service I’ve provided to you today. By clicking this link to the eForum Survey, you can leave me some feedback. There are just three questions and any additional comments would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Lee

eForum Team

Lee,

Thanks for your effort but the file has reached its download limit therefore the share site will not allow any further downloads.

Any idea on how to get round this?

Thanks

Mario

Hi there mario_bene,

I'm sorry about that; the links do have a limited number of downloads. I had no idea that limit had been reached!

Can you try this for me instead?

K405 Firmware Update

Password: vmb102

Once again, let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Lee

eForum Team