cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Non expiring K3565 seems to have expired.

gnv2001
2: Seeker

Hi.

Probably old news to most of you but I dont use this much and only recantly found out I can no longer use it as before.I have £14 credit and the dongle is still active but can no longer use the internet unless I buy data packs.

All I want is to leave vodaphone and get my money back or at least swap the credit and use the sim in a phone if that is possble.Tried live chat and just got passed around for an hour.

Any help would be greatly appricated.
Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

OldGoat
4: Newbie

If your credit is still shown on your account then you can buy a data pack with that credit rather than witn 'money'. The terminology is misleading.

If however, the credit is what you know you have ('cos you keep records), but does not show then ring up the call centre and they may reinstate it.

If you catch the call centre at a quiet time then you may be lucky and be put through to the UK or South African one - both of whom understand the language and provided that you are polite - don't rant on about the unfairness of the system - and they have the power to reinstate it.

The online chat  is a laborious waste time because the operative probably doesn't understand you and has more rigorous rules to follow. Likewise the private messaging system here or the complaints to the chief exec / MD, because they never get there.  

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi gnv2001,

It's not possible for us to return the money you spent on the credit.

If you need any help with converting this, so you can use the dongle get in touch here.

Thanks,

Ian

j2014

if any help I had the same problem which took a lot of sorting out. I took the dongle to the vodafone shop where after a discussion with 'customer services' they agreed to refund the outstanding credit but not the cost of the dongle. They said the terms and conditions allowed them to no longer support it and if I wasnt happy I had to write in. I did write but it was ignored. when it had been ignored for eight weeks the ombudsman services contacted vodafone and persuaded them to refund  the cost of the dongle and the unused credit.

I am also no longer a mobile customer. I suspect it cost the somewhat more to acquire me as a customer than (the £40 odd) it would have cost to say sorry we cant make this work here is your money back

drj
11: Established

Despite what you are being told by TechTeam Ian_C it IS possible to get a refund of unused credit - though no one's reported getting a refund on the cost of the dongle itself.

Read the whole sorry story here:

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Mobile-Broadband/Mobile-broadband-PAYG-change-to-top-ups/td-p/1664330

Just found the same problem. Took my dongle with the laptop to use away from home, and found that it didn't work. Very annoying. Still got £20.61 credit.

As a pensioner, that is a lot of money to me & I have to find the best way of getting it back.

I'll wait and see if there are any definitive & easy solutions. I don't want to spend ages talking to somebody the other side of the world who doesn't understand english. Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

drj

If you don't want to use the credit buying the occasional data pack, then ring head office and put in a complaint about the complete change to the service. I did it that way rather than actually ask for a refund, and they offered the refund without me really asking for it - though I might have said words to the effect of "I have £14.36 of unused cr4edit I can no longer use since the service now doesn't meet my needs". It took another call to actually get the refund - and I had to wait two weeks for it to be credited.

I went into a Vodafone store to sort out the problem of my K3565 with credit that I cannot use. I explained that it was originally non expiring, but now has & with £20.61 credit that I cannot access.

As it is for occasional use only, I don't want to keep having to buy a bundle or whatever you call it just to download a few Mb of data - that would soon use up my credit, which of course is why I bought one that didn't expire.

Anyway, they phoned up somebody at head office. I explained the situation, he said he couldn't deal with it, was then transferred to somebody else, went through it all again, but was talking to wrong department & was transferred to a 3rd person.

The outcome is that I have to show a bank statement to prove that I put the credit on the dongle. Off the top of my head I doubt if I have the statement, not only that £5 was paid in cash at a shop for a top up voucher.

Vodafone say "their policy is that if I cannot provide a statement they will not refund the money"!

What next, complain to ofcom or somebody?

EDIT - just found the email dated 17/04/2013 from Vodafone proving I topped up online.

EDIT - second time. Just found forum response to my problem getting £5 voucher applied to my dongle, dated 24/05/13 (from Vodafone Customer Services) and saying "I've applied the voucher top up (£5) on your number ..........

So, I have proof on my computer that £5 was credited and the £15 topup online. The odd 61p was the credit remaining from the original purchase of the dongle.

24 hours and no response! Doesn't anybody from Vodafone wish to suggest my next step?

LeeJS
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @oldkid1 

For further help with this, contact us via Live help.

Thanks,

Lee