Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re: Mobile Broadband K3570-z

fusionkid
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi i have a PAYG Vodafone K3570-Z broadband dongle i bought it in about 2009. I used with my xp desktop no probs. at that time top-ups where £15.

I haven't used the dongle for several years, i now own a new laptop windows 8.1, downloaded the new software for voda mobile broadband, the newest version wasn't compatible? so i had to use the earlier of the two new versions.

I cannot get the number from the broadband sim, is it now deactivated or something? Can't send sms to find number. Do i need a new sim? I only want basic web access low data use so dongle should be ok really. Plus 3G and 4G are unreliable in my location.

Can anyone advise me as to how to get my dongle working please?

I'm not sure if i ever registered myself with vodafone, is that the problem?

Any help greatly apprecited

Many Thanks

R.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @fusionkid

Welcome to the eForum. :Smiling:

If you've not used your Payg SIM for more than 180 days, it will have been disconnected.

You can pick up a new SIM for free in store or online. You'll just need to register a new account with the new number. 

You'll be able to pop it into the existing dongle. 

Cheers,

Ben

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @fusionkid

Welcome to the eForum. :Smiling:

If you've not used your Payg SIM for more than 180 days, it will have been disconnected.

You can pick up a new SIM for free in store or online. You'll just need to register a new account with the new number. 

You'll be able to pop it into the existing dongle. 

Cheers,

Ben