Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problem adding wireless printer to Ultra Hub

Mhunt
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have just switched to Vodafone Broadband but am unable to connect my HP Envy 120 wireless printer to my Ultra Hub router, either manually by entering the Wi-fi code into the printer or by WPS. I have also tried to add the printer as an additional device to my Local Network on my router manager page and via the Vodafone Broadband App on my phone but all without success.  I see from message boards that adding wireless printers to Vodafone routers is a common problem.  Any suggestions gratefully received.

3 REPLIES 3

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Mhunt. Are you receiving a specific error when you try to connect this at all?

Hi Beth, thanks for your message.  I get different error messages depending on which way I try to connect the printer.

1. Using the printer's Wireless Set Up Wizard, it searches for wireless routers, finds the Vodafone Network, but when I enter the Wifi password I get the following error message: "Cannot connect to network. Tough Print to print a wireless test report that may help with troubleshooting".  The printed test report says "ATTENTION: Your HP printer is unable to connect to your wireless router.  MAC address filtering may be enabled on your wireless router which can prevent your HP printer from connecting to your wireless network during setup. SOLUTION: If MAC address filtering is enabled and you would like to keep it enabled, you must add the MAC address of your printer to the list of permitted devices for your wireless router before continuing."  I went to the router manager webpage and added the MAC address of the printer to my list of devices but it did not permit me to add the printer to my list of permitted devices.

2. If I try to connect using WPS on the printer, first pressing the button on the printer and then the WPS button on the router, it just time out without connecting and the error message says "Error - progress stopped".

It feels like the most likely solution is to add the device to the list of permitted devices on the router manager webpage, but I can't work out how to do that.  Any suggestions gratefully received!

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Mhunt - thanks for coming back to us here and explaining what's happening. Please get in touch with us on 191 free from a Vodafone mobile or 03333 040 191 from a different phone. We can then go through some options.