Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Very slow and unreliable mobile data connection

Gtsipin
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

For the last few months I am struggling with mobile data around my neighbourhood in North London (N19). The connection is either very slow or dropping, in particular when using data. I have called customer service, reset my network settings, was given a new SIM, tried a new phone but I am having the same unreliable  network. Any ideas?

Thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Is mobile data stable in other places you travel to @Gtsipin  ?

If so then it seems the strength whwre you are js suffering from a possible mast issue which should shownon the Vodafone Network checker , or from mast congestion which wouldn't show on that page. 

To test if it's the phone at issue can you try another networks sim card in and connect to mobile date. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate to ask.  😎 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your response. 
data is stable in other places where I typically travel. 
I checked the Vodafone network checker, it says that all is good, but it is isn’t. 
this is happening with both a brand new iPhone 13 I just bought from Apple and an older iPhone 11. The SIM card is new. I have not tried another network sim. 
how does one check mast congestion, can Vodafone help?

than you. 

@Gtsipin wrote:

data is stable in other places where I typically travel.

In which case this is likely localised congestion. In very simple terms, there is insufficient capacity on the VF sites serving your location, for the amount of usage being demanded of it.

Thank you for your response.

Is this not something that Vodafone can look into? The area in question is a residential Zone 2 London area, surely capacity should be adjusted if there are issues.

AnnS

To add to the information already posted @Gtsipin .  You can check your network from the My Vodafone Application, go to Your Network, select Network Status Checker.

The best thing to do is to go this thread Network Queries scroll down to the troubleshooting guide, complete the template, copy and paste the results back on this thread, this will provide an example of the issue and something for the Social Team to go on.   You will then get a reply from the Vodafone Social Team as soon as they have done the necessary investigation.