Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Xbox Series X WiFi woes.

PingThing
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I recently took advantage of the new City Fibre network in my area.
I upgraded to the pro II package to take advantage of the mesh WiFi equipment. I upgraded from the standard full fibre package where I had no issues with WiFi, so I'm assuming it's not a network issue.
Everything into the property is running great wired and wireless, I have one Xbox series X downstairs that will only connect the the network wired (both direct and wired from a booster satellite)... However another Xbox series X upstairs will not connect to WiFi at all, signal is great, other devices connect without issue, it says everything is connected but it does not connect to the store and will not perform a speed test and will not download anything....and curiously if I take the booster upstairs and wire it to the Xbox it will not connect in the same way the downstairs Xbox does..
I've tried compatibility mode on the hub settings.
I've tried turning off the firewall.
I'm sure it must be possible to do some sort of port forwarding in the router settings, but have no clue where to start, or which settings the Xbox would use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@PingThing I believe that something like this has been asked before. We have previously seen that Xbox prefers a wired connection and it has to be via a switch. Elsewhere there is a thread where the person has three working but they are all connected over ethernet and all are plugged into a switch. Have a search around the forum.