Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mms settings on Nokia lumia 640

suzy55
3: Seeker
After 5 calls, 4 promises of a solution and no further forward in getting the mms issue sorted (no one seems to know what the settings are) I will resort to formal complaint! I've lost the will having tried 7 different setting options!
The device help isn't on the website either, not on the list but Vodafone sent me the damn thing! Ggrrrrr!
12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

This is what I've used in the past.

Possibly this link may help ->

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/vodafone-apn-settings#Vodafone%20Windows%PhoneAPN%MMS%Mobile%Int...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the info, tried the settings, still won't work!! It is so frustrating, Vodafone said they would flag the issue as a priority but heard nothing,

BandOfBrothers
Hi,

I'm sorry they didn't work. 😒

I recently used those settings on my friends Nokia Lumia 530

I had to go into the phones settings under phone + sim I think it was and manually input those settings which did work.

Plz try ure Sim in another phone as a process of elimination 2 rule out the phone or sim that may be at fault.

Current Phone  >

suzy55
Apparently can't send pictures by mms unless less than 300kb !! No way of telling the size on this phone or an option to see how to do it. Waste of time if you like to use mms. It's taken 4 hours of calls etc to tell me this. Spoken to 6 different people at least. Should have stopped my direct debit, that might have got me some service! Now tied into a contract with a useless phone for mms which I use.

BandOfBrothers
Ah I see.

Firstly I understand your frustration but please don't carry out stopping your Direct Debit because if they can't collect the monthly psyment this would have a possible impact when it comes time to upgrade ,or even worse a detrimental effect on your Credit File.

Their are alternatives to MMS such as email as an option. This way is free and you can send bigger files.

Current Phone  >

I agree, just frustrated as I have now found the size of my files in message plus and they are all 300kb or less so it's still not resolved! Need to do a 30mile round trip to the nearest store I think. Can use what's app but some of my family aren't on that. Onward and upward!

BandOfBrothers
I wish you well on your quest.

As an iPhone user I make use of iMessage to people I know with an iPhone ,but in the grand scheme of things it's rare I do send mms messages.

If I do send to a non iPhone user then I use email like I said.

I can send larger files and it's free in cost.

I'm Looking forward to a positive update.

😎

Current Phone  >

3 more phone calls, an hour in the shop and a new handset.............still no mms!!! ive given up and will use other options however I think its poor that no one has a clue how to solve this issue. sim works fine in other handsets!

many thanks for your ideas and interest

BandOfBrothers
It's been interesting engaging with you and I'm sorry up to this point the issue has not been resolved.

I hope it can be sometime soon for you.

Take care. 😎

Current Phone  >