Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Brexit: I'll be moving my business and family accounts from Vodafone

Nickthesaint
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

So Vodafone, another tax dodging multi-national company tries to bully the UK into changing it's mind to suit their business model. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/06/28/vodafone-warns-it-may-move-its-hq-out-of-the-uk/

I have threat/promise for you, I'll be moving all my business / persona; accounts away from you to a network that shows more commitment and pays their taxes. 

5 REPLIES 5

Getafix
16: Advanced member

Only difference is they earn most of their revenue in Europe while you don't.

Regarding Taxes, they pay what is due. This is now a very old story so if that is reason for your move, then you should have moved long time ago. 

In the event Vodafone takes the deplorable decision to close offices or move jobs as a result of Brexit - abandoning loyal users and employee's - then I will close mine and all my family accounts and take a business elswhere to a more robust and less blatantly anti British supplier.

John V

Getafix

but the problem is there is no other British Suppliers.

All other Mobile companies are Foreign, at least the Carriers are.

In the event Vodfafone abandons loyal users and employee's by moving jobs and services to the EU as a result of Brexit - then I like many others will not hesitate to take my business and that of my dependants to another supplier who is not so obviously cowardly and unpatrotic.

Without the UK consumer and shareholder - there never would have a Vodfone in the first place.

John V

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

There will be many many businesses who take this obvious decision post Brexit.

It was always one of the inevitable consequences of a Leave vote.

Also Vodafone's success owes far more to its international business than it does the domestic market which has low margins.

Also the tax argument is ridiculous - the company is one of the biggest contributors to the nations tax coffers.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png