Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Forum changes.

Jayach
16: Advanced member

No idea where to post this, but what has happened to the forum layout?

I can't find out where the new posts are, it's impossible to find my way around.

Is everyone one having the same problem, or is it just me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Jayach Oh great! We're all finding our feet with the new layout, but I'm glad you're getting to grips with it. 

If you need any help with the way it works, please let me know. 

View solution in original position

15 REPLIES 15

CallumR

Hey @Jayach You'll be able to find the latest posts on the Community Activity page. There will be a drop down that'll allow you to sort the threads to newest first etc. 

Hope this helps. 

Jayach

@CallumR 

Thanks, I'm starting to find my way around slowly, it was a terrible shock at first. I really don't like change.

I'm only active on the broadband forum, so not really interested in the rest of what occurs in the community.

@Jayach Oh great! We're all finding our feet with the new layout, but I'm glad you're getting to grips with it. 

If you need any help with the way it works, please let me know. 

Jayach

@CallumR 

Having used the forum for awhile now, I have noticed one change that I'm finding difficult to deal with.

Previous a thread with it's title in bold, meant there were posts in it that you had not read.

Now only new threads shows as bold, so it's not possible to know which ones have been updated.

Is everyone finding this? or only me?

Could it be flagged with the designers as I suspect it's not intended to be like that.

Cynric

@Jayach  No you're not alone with the comment about the bold indicator. Also it's irritating that this post will be located above earlier ones. Also the subordinate layers show the first post in the summary so given that the bold text isn't working you can't tell if there's anything new.

Jayach

Good to Know it isn't just me, didn't think it could be, but as no one else had mentioned it I was wondering.

It has totally broken my method of navigating the forum.

So just how did you find this post, considering the thread wouldn't have been "bolded" to signify a new post?

Cynric

@Jayach I found it because I got a notification in the forum and an email.

Jayach

I will say, I'm so glad they got rid of the banner with the 3 people on it, I was really fed up with seeing that.

Cynric

@Jayach  You are not the only one. It's particularly annoying on an Android device.